Purpose of the Position
Aid in the development of sport & recreation within NCI by improving the continuity of clubs and societies and discover new opportunities available to widen engagement and progress NCI’s athletes. Assist in the overall development of the student experience.
- Student Experience & Sport Co-Ordinator
- Director of Student Services
- Internal Service Providers
- Students’ Union Executive
- Students’ Union Administrator
- External Facility Providers
- Clubs & Societies Presidents
- External Sporting Bodies
- Assist in the delivery of college Orientations.
- Maintain membership of external sporting bodies.
- Aid in the development of sport within the college.
- Ensure the continuity of college sports clubs & societies.
Student Transition Duties
- Provide a referral service and help students integrate and socially engage with student experience activities and events.
- Assist in analysis of the student feedback process.
- Assist in the coordination of college Graduations.
- Update and maintain sections of the college web site.
- Update and promote department activity through social media.
- Such other activities as may be required to support the Student Services Department.
Student Sports and Recreation Duties
- Provide guidance for clubs and societies committees with the aim to develop them further.
- Monitor Clubs’ & Societies’ council meetings and AGM.
- Identify potential club & societies sponsors.
- Coordinate the club executive training programme.
- Maintain student athlete database.
- Aid in the development and provision of comprehensive training programmes for key members involved in the running of a club or society.
- Source potential high quality training and sports facilities for NCI and manage the relationship with these facilities.
- Daily coordination of sports and recreation bookings of internal rooms, external facilities and bus.
- Promote and represent the interests of NCI’s sport & recreation programme both internally and nationally.
- Network and liaise with relevant third level sports and recreation associations and governing bodies.
- Assist in the management of the Sports Scholarship programme.
- Discover new opportunities to develop the NCI sport programme.
- Develop and coordinate healthy lifestyle initiatives and promote positive wellbeing.
- Familiarise with and track and maintain a record of activity of all clubs and societies throughout the year.
- Management of sporting equipment to ensure health and safety regulations are met.
- Aid in the organisation of the annual clubs and societies awards.
- Co-ordinate the college Sports Day.
- Undertake all other duties as assigned by the college.
- A third level qualification would be preferable.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience within an Irish third level education environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extremely student focussed.
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Pro-active time management.
- Social media and web design experience.
- Proficient in MS office.
- Highly adaptable with a “can-do” approach to work.
Terms of Employment
Salary: Support Salary Band (€22,613 - €33,668)
Annual Leave: 24 days
Contract: Permanent Contract
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sexual Offences Act 2001*.
*This includes offences committed before 2001 and convictions held outside the state that are deemed to be sexual offences under the Sexual Offences Act 2001.
Applications on the NCI website are confined to NCI employees only and need to be submitted before 5pm Wednesday 19th June 2019. NCI employees are requested to email their cover letter and CV quoting reference number: NCI 0830 to email@example.com.
National College of Ireland’s mission is to widen participation in higher education and unlock each student's potential. The College offers students the opportunity to acquire the skills and self-confidence to change their lives, contribute to a knowledge based economy and become responsible, active citizens.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Student Experience & Sport Assistant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.