- MSc in Professional Accountancy, University of London (2017).
- Master of Arts in Digital Arts and Humanities, (MADAH) (2014).
- PhD in Entrepreneurship, Institute of Technology Tralee (2011).
- Master of Arts in Public Administration (MPA), University of Limerick (2005).
- Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (active).
- NASD, NYSE (USA), Series 7 and 63 Broker/Dealer Registration (1998)
Continuous Professional Development
- Keeping up with Change: Issues for the Finance Professional, University of London
- Practicum in Teaching and Strategies of Learning and Teaching within Masters of Arts in Learning and Teaching at the National College of Ireland.
- The Data Scientist's Toolbox, St. John Hopkins University.
- National College of Ireland: Lecturer in Finance (2010 to date).
- Hibernia College Dublin: Online Lecturer and Tutor (2013-2015).
- Institute of Technology Blanchardstown: Lecturer in Accounting (Financial and Management) (2006-2011).
- Griffith College Limerick: Lecturer in Accounting (Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Finance) and Accounting Technicians of Ireland, ACCA) (2007-2010).
- Institute of Technology Tralee: Lecturer in Economics (2007).
Key Responsibilities at National College of Ireland
- Programme Director MSc in Finance (full-time)
- Other Programme Directorships include BA in Accounting and Finance, and CPD for Pensions.
- Visiting Lecturer to China (2017)
- Postgraduate Teaching: Corporate Finance, Financial Statement Analysis, Managing Your Financial Resources, Research Methods and Entrepreneurship (MSc in Management, MSc in Finance, MBA).
- Undergraduate Teaching: Portfolio Analysis, Entrepreneurship, Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis, International Finance, Economics, Financial Mathematics, Financial Management, Innovation and Creativity in Business.
- Linguistic Patterns of Financial Communications and the Art of Storytelling.
- Strategic Financial Management: Corporate Social Responsibility, Blockchain, Entrepreneurship, Fintech, Smart Cities.
- Senior Economic Consultant: Appleseed, New York, NY (1994-1996 and 2001-2004)
- Senior Industry Equity Analyst: Triene, Inc., New York, NY (2001)
- Equity Research Associate: Credit Suisse First Boston, New York, NY (1999-2001)
- Financial Manager for Independent Film Production: Portfolio Projects Inc., New York, (1999)
- Fixed Income Associate: Sandford C. Bernstein & Co., Inc., New York (1996-1999)
- Competition Founder: National College of Ireland, online portfolio for students to showcase their entrepreneurial projects/pitches. Competition sponsored by Bank of Ireland.
- Start-up Founder: National Digital Research Centre, Dublin. Femal Founders (2014)
- Researcher: Vintavu, Co. Cork (2008-2008)
- Senior Industry Equity Analyst: Triene, Inc., New York, NY (2001)
- Enterprise Ireland: Innovation Voucher Programme (2007-2008)
- Institute of Technology Tralee: Grant Application for Kerry as European Entrepreneurial Region of the Year for 2010/2011.
- Editorial Reviewer: Gender in Management: An International Journal, Irish Academy of Management (2016 - Present).
- Editorial Reviewer: British Academy of Management
Funding and Prizes
- Title of Prize: Awarded the 'Highly Commended' (2011) at 2011 Irish Academy of Management Conference.
- Title of Project: PhD Doctoral Research (2011). Funding Body: Institute of Technology Tralee
- Title of Project: Fighting the Tide. Funding Body: Multiple Industry funders for $1.5 million project.
Professional Body Membership
- The Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Published International Journal Articles
- Bane, Deirdre (2011) "Íompar Logistics". In: Irish Case Studies in Entrepreneurship. Oak Tree Press, Cork, pp. 81-93. ISBN 9781904887492.
Conference Papers and Presentations
- Bane, Deirdre and Lambert, Jonathan (2018) "Facebook Quarterly Earnings - Exploring Soft Information through Tone Analysis". In: 21st Irish Academy of Management Annual Conference, 3rd-5th September 2018, University College Cork, Cork.
- Sheerin, Corina and Bane, Deirdre (2017) "Political Narrative and Personality Traits - Trumped from the Start?" In: 20th Annual Irish Academy of Management Conference 2017, 30th August - 1st September 2017, Queen’s Management School, Queen’s University Belfast, Belfast.
- Bane, Deirdre (2017) "Financial Storytelling: Breaking through the Noise in the Marketplace". In: 9th International Critical Finance Studies Conference, 3rd-5th August 2017, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK.
- Bane, Deirdre (2017) "Civic Engagement in Dublin Docklands: Considerations for National College of Ireland". In: University-Industry Interaction Conference - UIIN 2017, 7th-9th June 2017, Aviva Stadium, Dublin.
- Bane, Deirdre (2016) "'Big Data' in the Arts and Humanities - connecting stories and ideas to financial opportunities in Stock Message Boards". In: Social Study of IT Open Research Forum, 19th May 2016, London School of Economics, London.
- Bane, Deirdre (2015) "The Digital Arts and Humanities and Entrepreneurship Education". In: University-Industry Interaction Conference UIIN 2015, 24th-26th June 2015, Berlin, Germany.
- Bane, Deirdre (2014) "Digital Pedagogy in Irish Tertiary Education: A Myth or Model?" In: The 15th Educational Technology Conference of the Irish Learning Technology Association (ILTA), 29-30 May 2014, University College Dublin, Ireland.
- Bane, Deirdre (2014) "Digital Pedagogy in Irish Tertiary Education: Issues for the Humanities". In: Bookends 2014, 25th April 2014, UCC, Cork.
- Bane, Deirdre and O'Neill, Hugh (2012) "New foundations for economic growth: Tulane University - a template for creating an entrepreneurship ecosystem?" In: Conference on Entrepreneurial Universities 2-12, 25th-27th April 2012, Münster, Germany.
- Bane, Deirdre and McGovern, Philip (2011) "Government Intervention: Top Down or Bottom Up?" In: Irish Academy of Management Conference, 31 August - 2 September 2011, National College of Ireland, Dublin.
- Bane, Deirdre (2007) "Knowledge-Based Enterprise in Ireland: Observations on Potential Growth Impediments". In: Shannon Consortium Postgraduate Conference 2007.
- Bane, Deirdre and Rigg, Clare (2006) "Policies for stimulating knowledge-based start-ups/microenterprises in rural Ireland". In: 29th Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Conference 2006: International Entrepreneurship - from local to global enterprise creation and development, 31st October - 2nd November 2006, Cardiff-Caerdydd, UK.
- Bane, Deirdre and Rigg, Clare (2006) "Rural microbusiness transition to SMEs - challenges for Irish policymakers". In: 29th Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Conference 2006: International Entrepreneurship - from local to global enterprise creation and development, 31st October - 2nd November 2006, Cardiff-Caerdydd, UK.
Pamphlets and Books
- Lambert, Jonathan, Sheerin, Corina, Hanly, Paul and Bane, Deirdre (2016) "Financial Mathematics and Economics Formulae and Tables for Undergraduate Students". National College of Ireland, Dublin.
- Lambert, Jonathan, Sheerin, Corina, McKeever, John, Delany, Tony and Bane, Deirdre (2014) "Statistical Formulae and Tables for Postgraduate Students". National College of Ireland, Dublin.
Commercial Research (Direct and Indirect)
- Appleseed (2004) "Telecommunications and Economic Development in New York City: A Plan for Action", Management Report: Economic Development Corporation (EDC), the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT) and the Department of Small Business Services (SBS), U.S.A.
- Appleseed (2003) "Economic Impact of Redeveloping The World Trade Center Site: New York City, New York State, And the New York-New Jersey Area". Management Report: Lower Manhattan Development Corporation, New York, U.S.A.
- Appleseed (2002) "Nepperhan Valley Study". Management Report: Yonkers Industrial Development Agency, Yonkers, New York State, U.S.A.
- Appleseed (2001) "Downstate Advanced Biotechnology Incubator". Management Report: State University of New York Downstate Technology Centre, Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A.
- Julian, W.A., Sims, B. and Bane D. (2000) "Hardline Retail Overview", Credit Suisse First Boston, New York, U.S.A.
- Julian, W.A. and Bane D. (2000) "Lowe's 4Q Results, 2000", Credit Suisse First Boston New York, U.S.A.
- Julian, W.A. and Bane, D. (2000) "Home Depot 2Q2000", Credit Suisse First Boston, New York, U.S.A.
- O'Neill. H., Bane, D. and Fefer, A. (1996) "Columbia University's Contribution to the New York City Economy", Appleseed Inc, New York, U.S.A.
- Appleseed (1995) "Real Places and Virtual Money: The Effect of Technological Change on the Location of Activity in America's Financial Services Industries". Management Report Office of Technology, U.S.A.