Position: Director of External Engagement and Development
Reporting to: NCI President
Purpose of Position: NCI0783
The Director will be responsible for the development and maintenance of external relationships and philanthropy, with a view to achieving funding for the physical expansion of the National College of Ireland Campus. The key responsibility will be the development and management of a philanthropy campaign, supported by external relationships with corporations, persons of high net worth, government and broader stakeholders in education. In addition, there will be from time to time, specific project management work, related to the President’s office and the strategic objectives of the College.
Reports to NCI President.
Other Key Relationships:
• NCI Foundation Board
• Director of Marketing
• Deans/Vice Deans of Schools
• NCI Executive Group
NCI is embarking on an ambitious development plan that will see it considerably add
to its existing campus and a major fundraising capital campaign will be a central to success.
This role will have full responsibility for managing the delivery of ambitious
fundraising targets for this campaign, c€20 million. This will include:
• The establishment of a fundraising office and the development of a fully developed fundraising strategy and campaign to achieve specific financial targets.
• The development of a powerful case, recruitment of a powerful constituency of support for the campaign and management of NCI’s internal resources.
• The implementation of fundraising programmes across all major categories of potential donor to include major gifts, philanthropic organisations, alumni and other.
• The establishment and maintenance of a philanthropy database, with key stakeholders, donor records and other information as relevant.
• Responsibility for governance and accurate processing, recording and reporting of fundraising revenues in compliance with required standards.
• Reactivation of the NCI Foundation Board, revitalisation and reengagement of members. Structured organisation and support to Board meetings.
• Responsibility to drive the campaign results and generate philanthropic revenue through personal engagement with potential funder, including management of donors at all stages of the giving process to ensure continuing relationships.
• Compile and develop materials to submit to granting, philanthropic organisations or other funders as required
• Prepare or assist with preparation of communications materials to aid in securing major gifts and support donor engagement.
NCI has important relationships with government, regulatory and other bodies within
the education sector and other key stakeholders. In an evolving HEI landscape with the
emergence of technological universities, funding changes etc. this role will engage with
these bodies to identify and develop strategic external opportunities that are consistent with
NCI’s goals and priorities.
• To increase level of awareness of National College of Ireland’s positioning with government and key stakeholders such as Higher Education Authority, Dept of Education and Skills and others.
• To build and manage key relationships with the above key stakeholders.
• To identify opportunities or challenges in the government or regulatory arena which align with NCI’s strategy or position and engage same effectively within NCI.
• Work to position NCI in the evolving HEI landscape on agreed priorities such as NCI’s funding model and position with the HEA and other bodies.
• Work with the Executive Group to achieve organisational goals by administering communications initiatives as required to meet NCI overall goals and objectives.
• To promote NCI reputation and relationships with Corporations in full alignment with strategic goals of Schools and College generally.
From time to time, this role may require undertaking specific projects as requested under the direction of the President.
• At least 10 years of external engagement experience with a proven record of establishing relationships and growing business.
• Experience of business and government affairs at the most senior level. Comfortable operating at senior level with an established network of contacts in Irish HE, government and education sector and business that can be utilised effectively for NCI.
• An experienced business development/fundraiser with a passion for education and the difference that NCI can make in our community and in the lives of our learners.
• A self-starter with the ability to generate opportunities under own initiative and to be target driven.
• Strong knowledge of philanthropy, fundraising and major gifts programmes.
• Excellent literacy, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• A degree is essential and a postgraduate qualification would be an advantage.
Salary: Senior Manager Band €69,020 - €93,385
Annual Leave: 27 days
Application Process: Applications on the NCI website are confined to NCI employees only and need to be submitted before 5pm Thursday 4th October 2018. NCI employees are requested to email their cover letter and CV quoting reference number: NCI0783 to email@example.com
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to this role are based on the current stated role and objectives of the college. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI. National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer