Purpose of Position:
For the period of the secondary school year (Sept-March) the role will act as a support to the School Liaison Officer. They will spend their time conducting school visits to secondary schools, parent’s information evenings and educational events. The role will primarily involve giving class presentations on NCI programmes and representing NCI at school fairs. As this role must fit around secondary school hours there is the possibility of some flexibility around working hours. There may also be some evening work to attend school information evenings.
Director of Marketing
- Director of Marketing (reports to)
- School Liaison Officer
- Marketing Team
- Career Guidance Counsellors/School Principals
- The delivery of presentations about NCI to students in Schools, FETAC colleges and other institutes. This will include visits out to schools and NCI campus visits by schools. During school term there will be a busy programme of school visits and this role will support the School Liaison Officer as directed.
- Develop close relationships with Career Guidance Counsellors within the target schools for NCI.
- Promotion of NCI programmes at exhibitions and fairs throughout Ireland.
- Following up enquiries from potential students to encourage and support them in applying for NCI courses.
- This role involves presenting to classes of second level students so the role holder will need to be an excellent presenter.
- Articulate, objective with good relationship building skills.
- Organised and professional representative for an educational institution.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Proficient in computer packages such as MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc.
- A full clean driving licence.
Salary: €22,840 - €34,005 (Support Band)
Hours: Part Time, Monday to Friday
Annual Leave: 8% of hours worked for the duration of the contract plus Statutory Public Holidays.
Note: The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV in PDF format only, quoting reference number: NCI 0832 and job title to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 9th August 2019.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the School Liaison Assistant, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.