What is an IFS Apprenticeship
The IFS apprenticeships are 'earn while you learn' Higher Certificate and Higher Diploma programmes that combine paid on the job training with academic study.
These two-year programmes are for those who wish to start a career in the financial services industry, or are already working in the sector and wish to upskill.
The IFS apprenticeships lead to the following courses:
Who is the apprenticeship for?
The IFS Apprenticeships are a great opportunity for:
- Career Starters: Looking for the chance to gain a Higher Certificate in International Financial Services or a Higher Diploma in Financial Services Analytics and gain industry experience and a salary?
- Career Changers: Working in industry already but looking to upskill or reskill in a relevant area in the Financial Services environment?
- Career Progressors: Working in industry and looking to upskill with your current or a new employer? Want to increase your skills and knowledge?
What you need to know
- You will gain a Higher Certificate in International Financial Services or Higher Diploma in Financial Services Analytics
- You will follow a learning structure of 4 days per week on the job and 1 day per week in academia
- You will be paid a salary, set by your employer, both on the job and off the job
- You must be offered an apprenticeship role in a Financial Services organisation to become an IFS Apprentice
- IFS Associate (Level 6 Apprenticeship)
- Minimum 5 Leaving Certificate Subjects including English and Maths
- Holders of equivalent QQI Level 5/6 qualifications will be considered
- IFS Specialist (Level 8 Apprenticeship)
- Learners graduating with a 2.2 honours degree at level 8 in any discipline
- RPEL applications will be considered from applicants who have a number of years of significant work experience
For further information on entry requirements, please refer to our courses page or get in touch with our team.
Who We Work With
Companies who have hired IFS Apprentices previously include: