Cover letter templates
You can view and download cover letter templates for your personal development.
Get instant feedback on your cover Letter
We have invested in Career Set a platform that uses AI to assess your Cover Letter and gives you immediate feedback to help you improve it. Upload your cover letter in PDF and Career Set will score your cover letter and give you targeted suggestions to help you improve it. It will check for areas including salutations, length, word use and spelling. It will help you personalise your letter by highlighting relevant keywords and skills from a job description.
How to use CareerSet instant Cover letter feedback tool
- Log in to careerset.com/NCIRL using your NCI student email address.
- You will receive an authenticator link via email and clicking on this link will log you in for one session.
- There are 3 offerings all of which require you to upload a pdf version of your CV or cover letter.
- Score My CV: AI-powered CV scoring and personalised feedback related to Impact, Presentation and Style.
- Target My CV: Actionable feedback on tailoring a CV to a specific job description, based on keywords and skills.
- Cover Letter Feedback: Professional cover letter feedback and tailoring advice, including soft skills.
- Within 30 seconds you will receive individual feedback on the left hand side of the screen.
- You can access CareerSet CV checker 24/7 365 days a year from any location and you can re-submit your CV as many times as you like to keep improving your CV score.
- We recommend that you achieve a score of 70-75 and then show your CV to your Careers Advisor for further in person feedback.
- One minute video explainer: https://vimeo.com/640045738
CareerSet is only available to current students using their NCIRL email address.
Remember: we are here to help!
The NCI Careers team provides specialist support in reviewing and providing feedback on your cover letter. Once you have completed your cover letter, submitted it to Career Set for review and made the necessary changes then please do book an appointment with your Careers Advisor.