Protecting your privacy is important to the NCI. This statement discloses information practices, including what type of data we may collect and hold, how it is used and with whom the data is shared. It also explains how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about your personal information.
This Privacy Statement is applicable to data collected by the NCI. In order to help you understand how we will use the data you provide, the following guidelines have been created.
In general, you can visit our website on the Internet without telling us who you are and without providing any personal data. There are times, however, where not providing the minimum necessary data as indicated in the relevant data entry sections and other pages in the relevant website, may result in our inability to register you for programmes and/or provide you with information that has been specifically requested.
Personal Data means any data related to a person that allows that person to be identified such as your name, age, telephone number, e-mail and mailing address ('Personal Data'). We would like to collect, maintain and use your Personal Data to:
- Fulfil our obligations under any registration contract and any other contract between you and the NCI
- Ask your opinions on our services and conduct surveys
- Facilitate and process your searches and requests for information on our programmes and services
- Provide you with the latest information, including events in which you may be interested
- Improve our services for you
- Conduct prize draws, contests and other promotional offers
We will use your Personal Data only for the purposes outlined above, and they will be subject to stringent policies and terms on Personal Data use and protection.
We collect data about you in several ways. For example, we might ask for your contact information when you correspond with us, call us to request further programme information, register to subscribe to our mailing list etc.
Here are some of the most typical examples of how we collect your personal data:
- When you fill out an enquiry form online, we will keep a record of your name, address data, query etc
- When you fill out an application to jour our newsletter, we will keep a record of your name, address details etc. We will also keep a record of any programme specific interests to enable us to send you newsletters and updates that would most likely interest you
The personal data we collect may be stored in different databases. We make every effort to take into account the various preferences you may have expressed over time in order to process your data in a consistent way. If for any reason you receive incorrect data, please contact us to rectify the situation.
We will not disclose Personal Data to third parties ('3Ps'), without your consent, except in the following cases:
Personal Data may be disclosed to sub-contracting 3Ps to enable the performance of contracts you are party to, NCI may use other companies to perform functions on its behalf, such as delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services. Such companies will have access to personal data needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purpose and are required to process the data in accordance with applicable law.
- Do not use the Personal Data for any other purposes than those permitted
- Obtain and process Personal Data only on condition that they protect that Personal Data from unauthorised use and adopt and comply with similarly stringent policies and terms on Personal Data protection and use
- Comply strictly with applicable laws
Anonymous or generic data (including 'generic' statistics) from which you cannot be identified are excluded from use, processing, disclosure, transmission and other Personal Data use restrictions.
We intend to protect your Personal Data and to maintain its quality. We will use all reasonable efforts to take all appropriate technical and organisational measures and precautions to keep Personal Data secure and protected from unauthorised access, use or alteration and unlawful destruction. Measures include using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data, such as credit card details. SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but us.
How we protect your data:
- We limit access to your Personal Data. Only those employees who need to come into contact with that data, to provide products and services to you, will do so.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with regulations to protect your Personal Data
- We allow for your account data to be password protected
As general best practice on the Internet, it is recommended that individuals do not use trivial login names and passwords. Passwords should contain a combination of letters and numbers, be kept securely and changed periodically.
You have the right to access your Personal Data, and to rectify or delete inaccuracies in your Personal Data, and to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
If you would like to view your Personal Data stored in our database, contact us at the address given in section 2.12 below by e-mail, fax, phone or letter. For privacy protection reasons, you will be asked to provide some proof of identification On demand, you can receive an explanation regarding the processing of your Personal Data and also obtain confirmation that all relevant parties have been notified of your request(s) for information, for alteration or for deletion, as appropriate. We will do our best to comply with such requests.
If you would like to unsubscribe from an email sent to you, please contact us at the address give in section 2.12 below by e-mail, fax, phone or letter.
Under the Data Protection Act, 1988 & 2003 (Amendment), you have the right to have your personal data corrected, if inaccurate, or erased, if there is not a legitimate reason for retaining the data. A Request for Rectification or Erasure should be made in writing, by letter or email, signed and accompanied by a copy of a current identification document (e.g. passport, driving license) to us by any of the contact methods mentioned in section 2.12.
Some website pages may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. We do not share your Personal Data with those websites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other sites and expressly disclaims all liability associated with your use of such other sites and the content found there.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 8 April 2005.