NCI Sport Scholarship Students.
The scholarship initiative is an investment in student potential, which endeavors to tailor performance based components with financial support so students can maintain a dual focus on academic and sporting progression.
Sports scholarships are reserved for full-time registered students who have reached or have the potential to reach a very high level of performance competing at International, National, Inter-provincial or Inter-county level.
Watch the video below to hear from our current sports scholars Stephen Achukwu (basketball) and Adam Leonard (football):
You can also read Kasia and Ethan's scholarship story on our blog.
The sports scholarship package will offer successful students a combination of the following supports to help students realise their potential and achieve their goals:
- Financial Bursary of €2,000
- Concession of 30 points when applying for a course in NCI.
- Annual gym membership including individual training programme
- Personal training sessions with leading fitness professional
- Nutrition and dietary advice with leading fitness consultant
- Sport motivation and peak performance coaching with leading expert
- Academic and learning development advice and on-going support
- Financial support for sport related expense
- Branded athlete pack
How to Apply
You can make an application now through our Sports Scholarship Application form below.
NCI Sports Scholarship Application form
Full-time international undergraduate registered students on a 3-year programme who have reached or have the potential to reach a very high level of performance competing at International, National, Inter-provincial or Inter-county level in Ireland can avail of the Sports Scholarship.
The Sports Scholarship can be used in conjunction with another NCI scholarship. The total amount of sporting and academic scholarships a student can receive may be capped in certain cases. Students who receive funding from an external sporting organisation, such as Governing Bodies, can still avail of the NCI Sports scholarship.