Student Leader Programme
The Student Leader Programme is designed to help first-year undergraduate students settle into college life by providing guidance and advice through the support of a Student Leader.
Student Leaders are full-time undergraduate students in their second, third, or fourth year of study or full-time Masters students who have experience of life here at NCI. The Student Leader can act as as a resource, a helping hand, a sounding board or just a person to talk to whatever the issue might be.
Benefits of becoming a Student Leader:
- Unique voluntary opportunity to develop your leadership and organisation skills
- Opportunity to make a contribution to the college community
- Increase professional employability
- Enjoy a fun experience and make new friends
- Opportunity to receive a special recognition award and a reference from Student Support Team
- Participate in training programmes
- Training: To attend Student Leader training covering an overview of Mentoring & Orientation
- Orientation: Be available to assist with the delivery of Orientation as part of your role as Student Leader. This is the first time you will meet your group of students and induct them into NCI
- Communication: To communicate via different media to students and to contribute to NCI's social media activity throughout the academic year
- Link with Students: To co-ordinate and engage in mentor and mentee meetings both online and face to face
Applications are now open for the 2024 Student Leader Programme
Applications are now open and you can applynow by clicking the below form.
NCI Student Leader Application form
*Due to the on campus support requirement of this role, repeat Students or Students completing a work
placement year may not be eligible for the programme.