The Mission Statement and key objectives of the Careers & Opportunities Service at NCI.
The mission of the Career Development & Employability Service at at National College of Ireland is to enhance students' and graduates' career prospects, to facilitate transitions from education to employment and to support the development of employability skills required to build, and maintain, fulfilling careers.
We work in partnership with colleagues in the NCI, and with employers and professional associations to create, deliver and manage innovative developmental experiences, projects, modules and events and help students to make the most of these experiences so they become more employable.
- To help students develop the confidence, skills and appropriate work experience required to make appropriate career decisions throughout their lives, complementing the learning and development provided by academic colleagues
- To provide quality careers education, information, advice, guidance and job search consultancy to students, empowering and inspiring them to make and realise successful career decisions
- To help students understand how to market themselves effectively in a competitive market
- To create and nurture effective employer relationships, working proactively and collaboratively with employers to assist them in recruiting NCI graduates
- To develop and deliver opportunities for meaningful employer-student interactions and provide access to a wide range of part-time, vacation and graduate opportunities
- To provide accurate and relevant information on occupations and opportunities
- To keep the NCI informed about labour market trends, and help NCI market itself to potential students through the collection and dissemination of information on graduate destinations
- To enable academic colleagues and staff make effective use of labour market intelligence in their academic planning and work with students
- To work with academics to integrate careers education within the curriculum
- To enhance the reputation of the NCI as a source of high-quality graduate recruits
- To foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement and service quality across all aspects of our careers education and guidance services
Awards & recognition
- Winner of The Education Awards Career Impact Strategy Award 2019
- Awarded 5 stars in the QS Stars Rating System for Employability 2019
- Winner of the AHECS Excellence in Employability Award 2018
- NCI Presidents’ Award for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning 2016
- Winner of the AHECS Excellence in Employability Award 2016
- Winner of the AHECS Excellence in Employability Award 2014
- Winner of the AHECS Excellence in Employability Award 2013
- Bronze AHECS Excellence in Employability Award 2012
- NCI Presidents’ Award for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning 2012