The theme of the programme is #PayItForward as we believe that the mentors will get as much out of the experience as our students. Our mentors have really enjoyed the process of ‘giving back’ to the students in the college and we hope that you will too.
The scheme matches industry professionals with target student cohorts from across the school of business and the school of computing. Mentoring is a proven method across universities that is used to level the playing field between those who have the social capital and connections to those who do not. NCI’s Alumni Mentoring Programme aims to connect students to alumni in the aim of expanding their horizons and developing their first professional networks.
The programme provides students with:
- An opportunity to build their professional network through NCI alumni
- An opportunity to gain insight into the Irish labour market and employment practices
- A valuable insight into working life and the skills and attributes required in an ever-changing labour market
- An insight into a particular area within their chosen field of study and possible career paths within it
- An opportunity to identify and improve their employability skills
- Advice and guidance with career planning and the transition from college to work
- Practical tips on planning a successful job search strategy and performing at interviews.