Pro Rata Adjustment
A pro rata reduction in the required number of CPD hours for any given year may be granted to a member who is not during a defined period providing financial advice in Ireland as a qualified or grandfathered person.
Pro rata adjustments may be requested in the following circumstances:
- Statutory maternity leave
- Statutory adoption leave
- Statutory block parental leave
Pro rata adjustments are not granted in the following situations:
- Part-time work/job-sharing
- Holidays (including where taken immediately prior to or following maternity/adoption/parental/carer’s leave)
- Illness (unless long term certified illness following 2 or more months out of work)
- Career Break / Sabbatical Leave
Members should contact NCI in advance of taking such leave, to apply for a temporary exemption from CPD activity for the duration of the leave.
Those seeking a pro rata adjustment must submit a request form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The adjustment will only apply upon written notification from NCI.