Faculty (School of Computing)
Job Code: NCI 0794
The Associate Faculty member is
primarily responsible for delivering lectures to a high standard, on a
part-time basis to the College’s students.
- Programme Directors
- Dean of the School.
- Programme Coordinators.
- Network Security and PenTesting
- IOT Principles
- IOT Application Development
- Lecture to students on assigned modules within the
School and other assigned areas if required.
- If requested, assist in the design and delivery of
executive education programmes both ‘in company’ and for ‘public’
- Provide a professional support to students in their
- Facilitate tutorials associated with lecturers.
- Attend meetings and participate in committees
appropriate to assigned programmes.
- Prepare reading lists and handout materials for
- Set, correct, give written feedback and engage in second
marking for examinations and projects on programmes taught.
- Attend Exam Boards
- Facilitate skills development workshops.
- Liaise with library re: reading materials, booklists,
- Make available information as required by the NCI's
management in a professional context.
- Participate in appropriate activities necessary to the
furtherance of the NCI.
Development & Review
Assist in the development and review of existing
programmes. This may involve
drafting submission documents, attending meetings, liaison with the
validating bodies, promoting, implementing and reviewing programmes.
- Assist in the development of the School.
- Participate in relevant professional development
- Participate in Academic Council meetings and staff
- Meet assigned deadlines.
- Contribute to academic and disciplinary committees as
- Be available to students at notified times outside of
class contact hours for guidance and support.
- As requested, attend College functions such as various
exhibitions, open days and evenings, school visits and other external
- Work on short programmes, training and consultations
which may arise.
- Submit timesheets on a monthly basis for work
undertaken in that month.
- Relevant qualification, i.e. if teaching at degree
level, must hold a higher qualification, e.g. MA.
- Knowledge and practical experience of subject area.
- Lecturing experience an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to their subject area.
National College of Ireland’s mission
is to widen participation in higher education and unlock each student's
potential. The College offers students
the opportunity to acquire the skills and self-confidence to change their
lives, contribute to a knowledge based economy and become responsible, active
Application Process: To apply, please
e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0794 to:
email@example.com by 5:00 pm, Friday 23rd November 2018.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any
convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
functions and responsibilities assigned to an Associate Faculty member are
based on the current stated role and objectives of the College.