This honours degree will equip students with the skills to apply computing and analytical science in the pursuit of discovering new information by identifying patterns in data.
The course is practical in nature, providing you with knowledge of the way data science can solve real problems and facilitate business decisions based on evidence. It also incorporates work placement in a company which will significantly improve your skills and enhance your employability. Due to the shortage of suitably qualified data science professionals in Ireland and internationally, this degree offers exceptional job prospects for graduates.
As a graduate of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how data can be valuable and can help solve business problems and facilitate business decisions.
- Apply data transformation, modelling, mining and machine learning techniques to analyse and derive new knowledge and insight from data.
- Design and implement data science algorithms and applications that solve real-world problems.
- Effectively visualise and communicate the results of data analysis to support business decision-making.
- Adopt appropriate professional, ethical, legal, security and privacy principles in the construction and implementation of data science solutions.
Dr. Arghir-Nicolae Moldovan, Programme Director of the BSc Honours in Data Science at National College of Ireland, discusses the structure of the course, the benefits of studying data science, the employment opportunities the course offers along with the support the college provides for our students.