The course provides a sound knowledge base of technology management principles and their practical application.
As a graduate of this course you will:
- Build a knowledge and understanding of theory, concepts, and methods in the IT and business fields in particular in the following areas (according to specialisation): information systems, business analysis, data analysis, social media.
- Gain a detailed knowledge and understanding of how to develop the organisation’s IT strategy, the expertise required for successful information systems management, and how the business environment in technology operates.
- Analytically identify, select, formulate and manage strategies and solutions in business and technology management.
- Organise teams in an information technology environment with an understanding of the different roles.
- Learn to use different technology resources, such as data and information systems, to inform decision making
- Apply appropriate independent learning strategies which meet the requirements of the rapidly changing computing industry.
- Express a comprehensive view through presentations, both written and oral.
- Answer questions on the theoretical and practical context of technology management.
- Gain a view of how humans perceive and react to change, and the importance of culture and leadership in an organisation.