Cybersecurity is an essential need for a modern society in which information technology and services pervade every aspect of our lives. The Cybersecurity field has the fastest growth rate while the labour market encounters a severe workforce shortage.
As a graduate of the course you will be able to:
- Conduct independent research and analysis in the cybersecurity domain including secure application design, development and testing within a given context e.g. web, cloud computing, and forensic investigation
- Demonstrate practical skills and expert knowledge of technologies and tools that support cryptanalysis, application and service vulnerability detection and patching, security incidents detection and log file analysis
- Critically evaluate the design and implementation and evaluation of a research idea
- Analyse and evaluate the legal, ethical and economic ramifications of developing secure applications and services
- Communicate effectively to a range of audiences in both written and verbal media and undertake self- learning in order to acquire new knowledge
This course is funded under Springboard+, full details below.