The Cloud Competency Centre at National College of Ireland recently hosted the International Summer School in Parallel Patterns, which saw 35+ PhD students, researchers, lecturers, and industry practitioners come together to share best practices in parallel computing.
In addition to leading ParaPhrase academics and practitioners, the list of delegates included the following institutions:
• Spain (Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Universidad de Valladolid, University Carlos III of Madrid)
• Italy (University of Pisa, University of Torino, University of Padua)
• UK (University of Abertay Dundee)
• Germany (Kiel University, Johannes Gutenberg - Universität Mainz)
• France (University Paris-East)
• Sweden (Linkoping University)
• Hungary (Eötvös Loránd University)
• Ireland (Dublin City University, IBM Research Labs)
The Summer School is part of the ParaPhrase research project, funded by the Seventh Framework Programme of the European Commission (FP7). ParaPhrase partners involved in the event are University of St Andrews, Queen's University Belfast, University of Pisa, University of Torino, National College of Ireland, University Stuttgart-HLRS, Eötvös Loránd University, Erlang Solutions, and Software Competence Center Hagenberg GmbH.