Join as many events of the Welcome Programme as possible.
We have developed a Welcome Programme to support international students joining the college for each intake. It is delivered over several weeks before classes start for students starting in September and January. We publish a weekly schedule of events that include times and locations for the events.
The Welcome Programme is designed to ensure you have all the information you need to help you settle into college life at NCI and to get established in Ireland. Some meetings are mandatory, some are highly-recommended and others are optional to attend:
Mandatory - Welcome Meeting
The Welcome Meeting is hosted by an International Peer Mentor with a small group of new students. The meeting is mandatory and is pre-scheduled for all new students. Once students submit their Registration form, we schedule the meeting and email students the time, date and location for their meeting. At this meeting you will receive information about getting started at NCI.
Highly Recommended Meetings
There are three meetings which we highly recommend every student attends:
- Student Life. At this meeting you will receive information on how to succeed at your studies, support systems in place at NCI, how to adjust to student life.
- The Essentials. At this meeting you will receive information on registering with immigration, opening a bank account, getting your tax number (PPSN) and working in Ireland. G
- Orientation - is organised by Student Services for all new students and is held the week before classes start. Students can expect to receive an email from email@example.com with an invitation to join orientation.
- Information is also available on the student section of NCI website under New Registration.
Optional are a mix of events:
- Know-How sessions to understand how things work in Ireland.
- Out & About sessions to get to know more about Dublin.
- Meet-Up sessions to meet your Peer Mentors and other NCI students.