Withdrawing from a course

Students contemplating leaving the college should speak with the student services or student support staff.

There may be students who decide not to complete their NCI course for a number of reasons. If you are not quite sure about your decision, discussing it with someone else can be helpful and staff can advise of different options available to you and the implications of withdrawing. 

Further advice is also available from the counsellor, careers advisor, your support tutor or course director. You may also consider seeking a one-year deferral through the Registrar's Office.

If you have definitely decided to withdraw, you should complete a programme withdrawal form so that college systems can be updated. You will not be considered to have withdrawn until a signed programme withdrawal form has been received in the Registrar's Office.

Programme withdrawals forms are also available from the Student Service Department on the ground floor of the college.