Position: Associate Faculty - School of Computing
Job code: NCI 0746
Reporting to: Vice-Dean, Academic Programmes & Research
Purpose of Position:
The Associate Faculty member is primarily responsible for delivering lectures to a high standard, on a part-time basis to the College’s students.
Key Areas of Teaching
- Research in Computing
- Cyber Security
- Data Analytics
- Digital Forensics
- Malware Analysis
- Supervision of postgrad students
- Online delivery of Introduction to databases and Server Side Web Technologies
- Vice-Dean Academic Programmes & Research
- Programme Directors
- Dean of the School
- Programme Coordinators
- Lecture to and facilitate the learning of students on assigned modules within the School and other assigned areas if required.
- If requested, assist in the design and delivery of programmes for ‘in company’ and other opportunities.
- Provide a professional support to students in their learning activities.
- Facilitate tutorials associated with lectures and other learning events.
- Attend meetings and participate in committees appropriate to assigned programmes.
- Prepare reading lists and materials for students.
- Set, correct, give written feedback and engage in second marking for examinations and projects on programmes taught in accordance with College policy.
- Engage as required with external examiners.
- Attend Exam Boards
- Liaise with library re: reading materials, booklists, etc.
- Make available information as required by the NCI's management in a professional context.
Programme Development & Review
- Assist in the development and review of existing programmes. This may involve drafting submission documents, attending meetings, liaison with the validating bodies, promoting, implementing and reviewing programmes.
- Assist in the development of the School.
- Participate in relevant professional development activities.
- Participate in Academic Council meetings and staff meetings.
- Meet assigned deadlines.
- Contribute to academic and disciplinary committees as requested.
- Be available to students at notified times outside of class contact hours for guidance and support.
- By agreement, attend College functions such as various exhibitions, open days and evenings, school visits and other external events.
- Work on short programmes, training and consultations which may arise.
- Submit timesheets on a monthly basis for work undertaken in that month.
- Undertake assigned activities in a way that furthers interests of NCI.
- Relevant qualification, i.e. if teaching at degree level, must hold a higher qualification, e.g. MA.
- Knowledge and practical experience of subject area.
- Lecturing experience an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to their subject area.
Payment Rates: Associate Faculty rates.
Contract: Fixed-term and part-time
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0746 and job title to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 1st December 2017.
National College of Ireland’s mission is to change lives through education.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to an Associate Faculty member are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the College.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation and membership of the travelling community.