ELI Student Internship
The Third Level Internship Programme is available to National College of Ireland (NCI) students. It offers students the opportunity to develop and extend their personal, academic and professional skills, while becoming active in their local community.
Reporting to: Assistant Director of the Early Learning Initiative and Project Coordinators
Purpose of Position: To support the delivery of ELI’s Programmes
· Assistant Director of the Early Learning Initiative
· ELI Coordinators and Project Teams
· National College of Ireland
· ELI Stakeholders
· Support the planning, implementation and evaluation of the ELI’s Programmes e.g. NCI Challenges; Discover University; Coding Clubs etc.
· Support the organisation of ELI events and activities
· Helping with the development, packing and delivery of programme resources to local services.
· Participating in visits to local schools and afterschools to support ELI programmes and activities.
· Interns will receive a payment for the hours worked.
· Participating in research activities
· Preparing and maintaining records, reports and/or test data on the programme and participating children
· Any other duties as assigned by the ELI Assistant Director
Skills and Experience Required:
· The successful candidate will be a student in National College of Ireland
· Experience of working with young children and families in a relevant setting an advantage
· Flexible approach to work as hours will vary
· Potential capacity to work independently and as part of a team in a cross disciplinary, integrated team, sharing roles and responsibilities
· Good time management, administrative and organisational skills
· An energetic, confident and pro-active individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills
Salary: €12.42 per hour
Contract: Fixed-term part-time (February 2018 to July 2018) – subject to ongoing funding
Annual Leave: 8% of hours worked
The successful candidates will be subject to Garda vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your CV, quoting the title of position: ELI Student Internship to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday, 12th March 2018.
Please note that this internship is for NCI students.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the ELI Student Internships, are based on the current stated role and objective of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.