Position: Associate Faculty Lecturer in Early Childhood Education
Job Code: NCI 0752
Reporting to: Director of Learning and Teaching
Purpose of Position:
The Associate Faculty member is primarily responsible for delivering lectures to a high standard, on a part-time basis to the College’s students, in to programmes and activities undertaken by the Centre for Research and Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CRILT).
In particular, this role focuses on delivering lectures on topics related to Early Childhood Education at undergraduate programmes.
- Director of Learning and Teaching/Dean of School
- Programme Directors and Module Owners of programme within the Learning and Teaching Unit
- Undergraduate Students
- Associate Faculty
- Placement tutors
- Lecture students at undergraduate level on topics related to Early Childhood Education, such as Parent Partnerships, Leading & Managing Early Childhood.
- Design and deliver curriculum
- Provide a professional support to students in their learning activities.
- Facilitate tutorials associated with lectures.
- Preparation for teaching and all other work related activity.
- Provide such information as may be required by the College related to the activities of the role.
- Engage in the assessment processes of the College by setting and marking examinations and assignments and attending assessment boards and liaising with external examiners.
- Set, correct and give written feedback on project work, assignments, assessments, research work and dissertation.
- Undertake the duties of the role in accordance with the requirements of the College Quality Assurance arrangement.
- Effective organisation and running of module components on LMS (Moodle) system.
- Attend skills development workshops.
- Make available information as required by the NCI's management in a professional context.
- Participate in appropriate activities necessary to the furtherance of the NCI.
- Participate in relevant professional development activities.
- Participate in Academic Council meetings and staff meetings.
- Meet assigned deadlines.
- Contribute to academic and disciplinary committees as requested.
- Be available to students at notified times outside of class contact hours for guidance and support.
- Work on short programmes, training and consultations which may arise.
- Submit timesheets on a monthly basis for work undertaken in that month.
- Knowledge and practical experience of subject area.
- Lecturing experience an advantage.
- Good academic, relationship, administration and organisation skills, demonstrated through previous work experience
- Minimum Enrolled or completing a master’s degree and ideally Doctoral level qualification in in Early Childhood Education or Developmental Psychology or Child Health and Nutrition, Social Work or Special Education, Sociology of Childhood.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible approach to work and a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work independently and show initiative, and work as a team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and comfortable with using technology for learning and educational delivery and administration
- Disciplined in his/her approach to the job
- A self-driven approach with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality and sustainability.
Rate of Pay:
Associate Faculty rates.
Fixed-term and part-time.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI 0752 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to external applicants only.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to an Associate Faculty member are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the College. National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer