Position: International Executive – Far East
Reporting to: Regional Manager – Far East
Job code: NCI 0755
Purpose of Job
The development of NCI’s knowledge, presence, reputation and recruitment from the Far East region, with a specific focus on selected markets in South East Asia. This role will also be expected to support recruitment activity in emerging markets.
· Regional Manager – Far East
· Director - International Development
· Admissions Officers
· NCI Deans and Vice Deans of Schools
· Faculty and departmental academic and administrative staff
· Other departments involved in student recruitment (e.g. marketing, PET, etc.)
· Other departments within the college (e.g. Student Services, Student Support, Finance, Accommodation, etc.)
· Prospective Students and their influencers
· Student recruitment agents and representatives
· Education in Ireland
· Enterprise Ireland
· Irish Higher Education Institutions
· International networking organisations
· Other relevant networking groups
Under the guidance and direction of the Regional Manager duties will be:
· Contribute to the development and implementation of international recruitment strategies for key regions targeted for student recruitment for NCI
· Develop, deliver and monitor annual regional engagement activity plans, revenues and budgets, incorporating targets for allocated markets or relationships
· Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with international institutions, agents and other partners, with the aim of achieving international recruitment objectives
· Coordinate and participate in incoming and outgoing international visits in support of student recruitment activities
· Deliver excellent relationship development and management within the region
· To develop effective working relationships with staff in academic and administrative units involved in international student recruitment
· Support the management of the operational budget, with strict adherence to process and policies
· Develop relationships with administration staff and departments within the college to support the continued improvement in student experience throughout the recruitment process
· Any other duties relevant to the regional scope as directed.
· A university degree and a minimum of three years’ relevant work experience in a commercial, results focussed organisation
· Demonstrated relationship management experience with a focus on customer service
· Ability to develop and administer effective and efficient operational procedures and to contribute to the development of success and market presence
· Excellent organisational and administrative skills, including experience of records management
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including an ability to relate to, and interact with, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and high quality written skills with demonstrated competence in drafting
· Flexibility regarding working hours and a willingness to travel internationally when required.
· A good standard of numeracy, effective IT skills and attention to detail
· Discretion and diplomacy
Hours Full time
Salary Senior Specialist/Supervisor Salary Band (€40,200 - €60,3000) plus 10% performance related bonuses. Accelerated bonuses may be available for significant over-achievement against annual targets. Salary: Commensurate with Experience.
Annual Leave 24 days.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting title of position: International Executive – Far East to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday, 9th April 2018.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to this role are based on the current stated role and objectives of the college. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.