Position: Executive Assistant - Student Services & Registrar
Job Code: NCI 0773
Reporting to: Director of Student Services and Registrar
Purpose of Position:
The Executive Assistant for Student Services & Registrar will provide administrative support to both the Director of Student Services and the College’s Registrar.
• Director of Student Services
• Student Services team
• Deans of Schools, Vice Deans of Schools
• Programme Directors
• Academic staff
• Co-ordination of the quality assurance process with the Registrar’s Office to ensure all follow up and minutes from the committee meetings are co-ordinated.
• Planning, organisation and all correspondence for the student disciplinary and appeals committees.
• Assisting in the organisation and co-ordination of graduations and student/corporate events.
• Oversee CRM and Quercus for deferral and withdrawals process.
• Assess and implement system changes as required to ensure on going quality of services.
• Develop, update and maintain the Registrar’s Office and Student Services sections of the website.
• Review modes of delivery for all correspondence to students and staff to ensure consistency and quality. Support to the Registrar and Director of Student Services for the compilation of reports, memos, letters and other documents as required.
• Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance, compile and plan for their distribution.
• Maintenance of student records as it pertaining to the Registrar’s Office and Student Services.
• Collating Late shift rotas and distributing to Student Services
• Assisting in the orientation and registration of students.
• Providing administrative support to other sections of student services when required.
• Recording staff details such as timesheets, annual leave data, etc.
• Diary management.
Additional Responsibilities as part of the Student Services Team:
• Late cover of the Student Services department.
• Such other activities as may be required to support the Student Services Department.
• Involvement in relative projects as required.
• Excellent proof reading and document management skills.
• High level knowledge of Microsoft suite
• Ability to treat sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
• Proven ability to work in a busy, pressurised environment with multiple concurrent deadlines and priorities.
• Event management experience.
• Flexibility – During the academic year, some Saturdays and evenings will need to be worked based on a rota system.
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
Salary: €30,450 - €42,263 (Administrator Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum pro rata
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week
Applications on the NCI website are confined to NCI employees only and need to be submitted before 5pm Tuesday 3rd July 2018. NCI employees are requested to email their cover letter and CV quoting reference number: NCI 0773 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Executive Assistant – Student Services/Registrar, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.