Position: Executive Assistant – State Funded Initiatives
Job Code: NCI 0774
Reporting to: Director of Student Services
Supervisor: Admissions Officer
Purpose of Position:
The key function of this position is the administration of State funded initiatives to include Springboard+, ICT skills and other HEA funded programmes. To ensure the efficient setup of the programmes on HEA or other external systems from the recruitment process to the registration of students fulfil the target numbers.
• Admissions Officer
• Senior Administrator – State Funded Initiatives
• Director of Student Services
• Student Services Team
• HEA/State Funded Co-ordinators
• Applicants & Students
• Associate Faculty
• Programme Directors
• Programme Co-ordinators
• The daily administration of Springboard and ICT Skills programmes and other State funded initiatives.
• Liaising with faculty regarding the recruitment and selection of students for these programmes.
• See application process for all applicants through to completion.
• Following up with applicants to obtain all necessary documentation.
• Dealing with any queries relating to the Springboard/HEA/State funded Initiatives.
• Providing information for Schools and Marketing Director on admission figures and updating regularly.
• Setting up waiting lists and communication with same.
• Setting up interviews and recording evidence of students entering under the RPEL scheme.
• Follow up with applicants in connection with collation of correct forms and information.
• Maintain a high level of communication with key customers/clients.
• Keep abreast of changes in social welfare policy to advise applicants accordingly.
• Assist in the promotion of courses to target groups such as open days, corporate companies and other events as appropriate.
• Close monitoring of registration numbers to maximise revenue from tenders.
• Collate attendance monitoring data and distribute as necessary.
• Distribution and processing of HEA survey, specifically designed to capture statistical information for the final report for the HEA.
• Collation of data and statistical returns for the final report for the department.
• Process course applications where appropriate to expedite screening, interviewing and selection of candidates for admission.
• Dealing appropriately with incoming calls.
• Ensure that all duties within the office are performed in a professional, efficient manner.
• Undertake other duties as assigned.
• A degree or equivalent would be preferable.
• Experience in a similar role administrating large scale Labour Market Activation projects such as LMETF and Springboard would be an advantage
• At least two years’ experience within an administrative role
• Experience within an Irish third level education environment would be an advantage
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organisation skills
• Experience of working to deadlines
• Pro-active time management
• Proficient in MS office, particularly EXCEL, with good writing skills (draft letters, minutes, presentations etc.)
• Flexible approach to work and a “can-do” attitude
Salary: €30,450 - €42,263 (Administrator Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum pro rata
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week
: Applications on the NCI website are confined to NCI employees only and need to be submitted before 5pm Tuesday 3rd July 2018. NCI employees are requested to email their cover letter and CV quoting reference number: NCI 0774 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Executive Assistant – Student Services/Registrar, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.