NCI’s innovative BSc (Honours) in Computing will provide you with programming and advanced problem-solving skills, to create software applications that solve real-world problems. This exciting course will expose you to areas like games programming, software development, cybersecurity, blockchain, artificial intelligence/machine learning/data analytics, internet of things, digital business transformation. In addition, you will learn how to apply software engineering principles to develop software applications that may be deployed in the web and on mobile devices. You will also develop your problem-solving, teamwork, creativity and communication skills.
Our comprehensive full-time degree will give you all the essentials of computing to provide you with the opportunity of specialising in your chosen area in your final year. You will choose modules from one of seven important areas of computer science. These specialist modules will allow you to pursue the area which most interests you and will give you a significant advantage in the jobs market. The course is delivered in state-of-the-art computer laboratories by lecturers who are working in these fields. It is practical in nature throughout and includes a full semester of work experience.
As a graduate of this course you will:
- Create software applications on mobile devices, in the cloud, on the web and in gaming, using the latest technologies.
- Understand how to incorporate multimedia into software applications.
- Analyse and interpret data to address real business problems.
- Develop your business and interpersonal skills.
- Understand the cloud computing paradigm and its implications for software, infrastructure and platforms.
- Understand how to secure software applications from malware and hacking.