This course is being offered under Springboard+ and the Human Capital Initiative (HCI) for free for jobseekers and for a nominal fee for applicants in employment. See the Springboard+ tab below for more information and to find out how to apply for this course.
This course aims to produce technically competent, innovative graduates that will become leading practitioners in the field of data analytics. Upon completion, graduates will be able to:
- Conduct independent research and analysis in the field of data analytics
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of data analysis and statistics, and the tools, techniques and technologies of data analytics utilised in both technical and business contexts
- Critically assess and evaluate business and technical strategies for data analytics
- Develop and implement effective business and technical solutions for data analytics
- Critically appreciate ethical and data governance issues relevant to data analytics
The course is designed to accommodate those with specific interests in data analytics, whether that may be of a more technically focused or a more business focused nature. All learners will also gain exposure to pertinent legal issues and ethical issues associated with the data analytics field.
Students will gain exposure to product commercialisation issues associated with data analytics. The course is delivered by faculty and practitioners using academic research, industry defined practical problems, and case studies.
Students undertaking this course will be exposed to a variety of programming languages/tools that may include R, Python, SPSS, Excel, Weka and RapidMiner.