Refund Policy for international students
Details of the Refund Policy available for international students who cannot begin or continue their students at NCI.
NCI's Refund Policy is in line with the ‘Provision of Education to International Students: Code of Practice and Guidelines for Irish Higher Education Institutions’.
At any time
NCI will provide a full refund of any tuition fees paid, less an administration charge of €100, in the following:
- Entry Visa Refusal - having submitted a full and complete visa application.
- Fails to meet NCI’s English language requirements.
- Fails to meet NCI’s academic requirements.
- Where a course does not run.
Up to six weeks prior to the course start date
Where we receive written notification at least six weeks prior to the course start date, for any reasons other than those stated above, we will offer a full refund of any tuition fees paid, less an administration fee of €1,000.
Up to the end of the first six weeks of a course
- Where a student has paid fees to the college, but fails to register on the course, we will provide a refund, less an administration fee of €2,500.
- Where a student registers in the college, but wishes to withdraw for any reason, we will offer a refund of tuition fees paid, less an administration fee of €2,500 as well as any cost incurred in recruiting the student.
- Under extraordinary circumstances, such as serious illness or immediate family bereavement, we will offer a refund of tuition fees paid for that academic year, less an administration fee of €1,000 as well as any cost incurred in recruiting the student.
After six weeks of a programme
No refund, under any circumstances, will be granted.
In order to apply for a refund a Refund Request Form will have to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org together with supporting documentation.
- Visa refusal: Visa refusal letter from embassy, NCI fees receipt
- Fail to meet English language/academic requirements: English language certificate or academic documents, NCI fees receipt
- Any other reason: NCI fees receipt, any other relevant documents
- Students will only be allowed to defer a place at NCI, if a deposit of no less than €1,000 has been paid. This amount of €1,000 is counted towards your tuition fee.
- If a student defers a place, they waive the right to receive a refund should they not join NCI in the next available intake for their course.
- All deferrals must submit a Deferral Form, along with all NCI fees receipts.
- Students who defer a place lose any existing scholarship offers and will be reassessed for available scholarships for their new desired intake.
Terms & Conditions
- Refunds will be reimbursed in Euro or in the same currency as the fees were originally demanded and via the same payment method as the original payment was made. In the case of bank transfer, refunds must be issued to a bank account in the country of origin of the original payment.
- Where the applicant is requesting a refund on the basis of a visa issue, failure to meet entry requirements, illness or bereavement, a refund will only be processed once all original documents and supporting evidence has been provided to NCI.
- Up the end of the first six weeks of a course, Where an offer was made on the basis of incorrect or incomplete information being supplied by the applicant or student, NCI will retain 50% of the tuition fees paid as well as any cost incurred in recruiting the student. In all other circumstances no refund will be provided.
- Where a student has paid for a multiple courses, semesters or pathways, but fails to progress, refunds will be provided on a pro-rata basis unless the breakdown of fees is otherwise stated.
- A student whose visa is cancelled for any reason whatsoever will not be eligible for a refund unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- A student whose entitlement to attend a programme is terminated due to academic misconduct or antisocial behaviour, will not be eligible for a refund.
- A student in breach of government regulation or rules governing his/her student status in Ireland will not be eligible for a refund.
- A student who is convicted of a criminal offence in the jurisdiction of the Republic of Ireland will not be eligible for a refund.