The National College of Ireland (NCI) Refund Policy is in line with the ‘Provision of Education to International Students: Code of Practice and Guidelines for Irish Higher Education Institutions’.
At any time
NCI will provide a full refund of any tuition fees paid in the following circumstances:
- Visa Refusal and student cannot travel to Ireland
- Fails to meet NCI’s English language requirements
- Fails to meet NCI’s academic requirements
- Where a course does not run.
Up to 6 weeks prior to the course start date
Where we receive written notification at least six weeks prior to the course start date, we will offer a full refund of any tuition fees paid, less an administration fee of €250.
Up to the end of the first six weeks of a programme
- Where a student has paid fees to the college, but fails to register on the course, we will provide a refund, less an administration fee of €2,500.
- Where a student registers in the college, but wishes to withdraw for any reason, we will offer a refund of tuition fees paid, less an administration fee of €2,500 as well as any cost incurred in recruiting the student.
- Under extraordinary circumstances, such as serious illness or immediate family bereavement, we will offer a refund of tuition fees paid for that academic year, less an administration fee of €1,000 as well as any cost incurred in recruiting the student.
After 6 weeks of a programme
No refund, under any circumstances, will be granted.
Terms & Conditions
- Refunds will be reimbursed in Euro or in the same currency as the fees were originally demanded and via the same payment method as the original payment was made. In the case of bank transfer, refunds must be issued to a bank account in the country of origin of the original payment.
- Where the applicant is requesting a refund on the basis of a visa issue, failure to meet entry requirements, illness or bereavement, a refund will only be processed once all original documents and supporting evidence has been provided to NCI.
- Up the end of the first six weeks of a course, Where an offer was made on the basis of incorrect or incomplete information being supplied by the applicant or student, NCI will retain 50% of the tuition fees paid as well as any cost incurred in recruiting the student. In all other circumstances no refund will be provided.
- Where a student has paid for a multiple courses, semesters or pathways, but fails to progress, refunds will be provided on a pro-rata basis unless the breakdown of fees is otherwise stated.
- A student whose visa is cancelled for any reason whatsoever will not be eligible for a refund unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- A student whose entitlement to attend a programme is terminated due to academic misconduct or antisocial behaviour, will not be eligible for a refund.
- A student in breach of government regulation or rules governing his/her student status in Ireland will not be eligible for a refund.
- A student, who is convicted of a criminal offence in the jurisdiction of the Republic of Ireland, will not be eligible for a refund.
Where a student has paid their insurance through NCI, no refund will be provided in the event of the student not utilising the full term of the cover.
On campus Accommodation
Where a student pays for on-campus accommodation, but fails to avail of any or all of the term of the lease, a refund will be provided where NCI can re-let the room. All refunds will be provided less charges for duration of the unlet period, costs incurred in re-letting the accommodation.
Costs will be calculated on a nightly rates from the rime of re-occupation. No sub-letting will be permitted.