The Governing Body constitutes the Board of Directors at National College of Ireland, and is responsible for the overall management and direction of the college and its compliance with company law. The Governing Body establishes and monitors the college’s strategic direction and policy, its financial planning, and compliance with best practice in all college activities. It consists of members drawn from the following nominating bodies:
- The Jesuit Order
- The Staff of the College
- The Students Union of the College
- Fr. Leonard Moloney S.J.- Chairman
- Mr. Michael Brady
- Ms. Áine Casey
- Ms. Barbara Cotter
- Dr. Tish Gibbons
- Mr. Brendan McGinty
- Mr. Peter McLoone
- Ms. Brigid McManus
- Ms. Gina Quin – College President
- Mr. Liam O’Donoghue
- Fr. Kevin O’Higgins S.J.
- Mr. Stephen Cleary
- Ms. Frances Sheridan
- Dr. Tony White
- John McGarrigle - Company Secretary
The President of the college is ex officio a member of the Governing Body, which elects its own Chair from amongst its own members. The Governing Body may from time to time appoint such sub committees as it deems proper to assist it in such manner as it may decide.
- Finance sub committee which reports directly to the Governing Body itself, and which oversees the financial planning and reporting compliance of the college as a Ltd company.
- Nominations Committee
Classes of Records Retained
The Company Secretary is responsible for the retention of all records relating to the Governing Body which include
- Minutes of meetings of the Governing Body
- Minutes of the finance sub committee
- General correspondence
- The Company Secretary retains the records of the Governing Body in accordance with company law requirements. The annual audited accounts of the college are on public record, and can be obtained from the Company's Office.
Secretary and Registered Office
Mr. John McGarrigle
International Financial Services Centre
Dublin DO1 K6W2