Admissions Assistant (Maternity Leave Cover)
Director of Student Services
Acting Admissions Officer
Purpose of Position:
To ensure the effective and efficient operation of the admissions process with specific responsibility in relation to international application processes. To ensure the highest standard of service is provided to students, staff and the general public and that the College’s Record and Reporting System is properly maintained.
- Admissions Officer
- Director of Student Services
- International Office
- Professional Education & Training
- Prospective Students
- Deans of Schools
- Programme Directors
- Oversee the administration of all applications i.e. co-ordination of documentation of third party vendor (FEI).
- Point of contact with third party vendor for escalated queries.
- Disseminate, analyse and provide course-specific application reports to course director’s bi weekly.
- Responsible for overseeing applications report to ensure application processing is within service level agreements.
- Specific responsibility in relation to international application processing within admissions.
- Provide an annual review in relation to international application processing to management.
- Responsible for ensuring the registration of international students on site and liaising with student support and the international office with regards to orientation.
- Oversee the co-ordination and administration of the English Language Test annually.
- Responsible for liaising with professional education and training department in relation to business 2 business courses i.e. PFP courses.
- Responsible for ensuring all admissions queries are dealt with on campus in NCI.
- Carry out testing and assist in projects in relation to the student information system.
- Manage online services (online application, registration, build and plan curriculum), identify any issues and work with IT to improve systems and agree appropriate IT projects.
- Attend student information system vendor meetings and provide reports on future changes create an appropriate implementation plan and carry it out.
- Attend open evenings and provide application information to potential part time applicants.
- Assist the admissions officer in planning and implementing the annual recruitment timetable.
- Oversee registration planning for September and January intakes to include liaising with student support in relation to orientation.
- Provide information on start dates to all relevant stakeholders within NCI and 3rd parties.
- Manage the elective selection process and communicate with relevant stakeholders within schools to ensure this process occurs in a timely manner.
- In the absence of the Admission Officer provide full oversight over all admissions process and main of point of contact within the College for admissions.
- Responsible for documentation management in relation to all training manuals, FAQs etc.
- Maintain the admission sections of the NCI website so that all public information is up to date.
- Other ad hoc duties as they arise.
- A third level qualification would be preferable.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- At least two years’ experience within an administrative role.
- Experience within an Irish third level education environment.
- Good analytical ability – understand, analyse and relate complex information.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Pro-active time management.
- Proficient in MS office, Quercus and other academic systems.
- Flexible approach to work and a “can-do” attitude.
Salary: €35,979 - €49,052 per annum, pro rata for the duration of the contract
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum, pro rata for the duration of the contract
Contract: Specific Purpose Contract to cover Maternity Leave
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
Applications for this vacancy need to be submitted before Monday the 23rd February 2015. Applicants are requested to email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Admissions Assistant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer