Position: Associate Faculty (School of Computing)
Reporting to: Programme Director
Job Code: NCI 0776
Purpose of Position:
The Associate Faculty member is primarily responsible for delivering lectures to a high standard, on a part-time basis to the College’s students.
• Subject Head.
• Programme Directors
• Dean of the School.
• Programme Coordinators.
MSc Cloud Cloud Security
MSc Cyber Security IT Law and Ethics
MSc Fintech Information Assurance and Cybersecurity
MSc Data Analytics Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
MSc Cloud Programming for Data Analytics
MSc Cyber Security Research in Computing
• Lecture to students on assigned modules within the School and other assigned areas if required.
• If requested, assist in the design and delivery of executive education programmes both ‘in company’ and for ‘public’ programmes.
• Provide a professional support to students in their learning activities.
• Facilitate tutorials associated with lecturers.
• Attend meetings and participate in committees appropriate to assigned programmes.
• Prepare reading lists and handout materials for students.
• Set, correct, give written feedback and engage in second marking for examinations and projects on programmes taught.
• Attend Exam Boards
• Facilitate skills development workshops.
• Liaise with library re: reading materials, booklists, etc.
• Make available information as required by the NCI's management in a professional context.
• Participate in appropriate activities necessary to the furtherance of the NCI.
Programme Development & Review
• Assist in the development and review of existing programmes. This may involve drafting submission documents, attending meetings, liaison with the validating bodies, promoting, implementing and reviewing programmes.
• Assist in the development of the School.
• Participate in relevant professional development activities.
• Participate in Academic Council meetings and staff meetings.
• Meet assigned deadlines.
• Contribute to academic and disciplinary committees as requested.
• Be available to students at notified times outside of class contact hours for guidance and support.
• As requested, attend College functions such as various exhibitions, open days and evenings, school visits and other external events.
• Work on short programmes, training and consultations which may arise.
• Submit timesheets on a monthly basis for work undertaken in that month.
• Relevant qualification, i.e. if teaching at degree level, must hold a higher qualification, e.g. MA.
• Knowledge and practical experience of subject area.
• Lecturing experience an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good time management and organisation skills.
• Enthusiasm and commitment to their subject area.
Hourly rate: Associate Faculty rates.
Contract: Fixed-term, part-time.
National College of Ireland’s mission is to widen participation in higher education and unlock each student's potential. The College offers students the opportunity to acquire the skills and self-confidence to change their lives, contribute to a knowledge based economy and become responsible, active citizens.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0776 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, Friday 31st August 2018.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to an Associate Faculty member are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the College.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer