Computing Support Tutor (Springboard Programmes)
Dean of the School of Computing
Purpose of Position:
The main role of Computing Support Tutor is to teach, support and assess student learning for Springboard programmes/part-time programmes. The Computing Support Tutor is also required to research and document student learning in the various computing courses on offer in the School of Computing.
- Dean of School of Computing
- Computing Support Tutor
- Vice-Dean of School of Computing
- Head of Cloud Competency Centre
- Programme Co-ordinators
- Provide support for students on NCI Springboard Skills programmes in all academic matters.
- Provision of tutorials on a group and individual basis and lectures as required.
- Provision of support in wide range of technical and non-technical subjects.
- Provision of online tutorials, lectures and resources where suitable.
- Introduction of innovative measures to improve student learning
- Development and assessment of questionnaires assessing student learning
- Identification and support for student learning difficulties in liaison with Student Services.
- Participation in committees appropriate to courses.
- Participation in the Disability Support Services group
- Provision of such information as may be required by the College related to the activities of the role.
- Participation in the development of existing programmes and new programmes.
- Monitoring, evaluating and documenting the effectiveness of the student-learning/support service on an on-going basis
- Supporting the Learning and Teaching strategy of the School of Computing.
- Representing the college at functions and promotional events such as exhibitions, school visits, recruitment days & evenings and other external events
- Participation in School and College meetings as appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Applicants must have a BSc and MSc in Computer Science or equivalent. In exceptional circumstances the college reserves the right to appoint a candidate with BSc in Computer Science or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants should have tutoring/lecturing experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills with a flexible approach to work
- He/she must be a self- starter with the ability to work independently
- A proven interest in working with and supporting students
- Experience within a similar position an advantage
- Experience of working with students in a support role an advantage
Salary: Salary Band €30,000 - €42,000 or €36,000 - €52,000
Depending on experience
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
Contract: 2 Year, Fixed-term, full-time.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 12:30pm – 20:30pm during semester times.
Saturdays as required.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0684 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 10th August 2016.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Computing Support Tutor are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer