Conference & Accommodation Administrator
Purpose of Position:
The key functions of this position are to effectively assist in managing the operations of events in National College of Ireland, to co-ordinate all activities within the Student Residences and to provide full administrative back up to the Commercial Manager.
- Commercial Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Finance department
- IT department
- Establish contact with parties interested in hiring facilities, attend client meetings to ascertain client’s exact requirements, show the facilities to clients, agree terms and secure contracts.
- Maintain client relationships.
- Contact conference bodies – proactive in generating leads for future events in NCI - Organisation of direct mail campaigns targeting specific industry sectors (approximately 100 a month) and tracking results.
- Liaise with IT, Premises, Facilities and Catering to ensure they are fully aware of the requirements bookings.
- Working with the Student Recruitment & Publications department on internal and external communications relating to launches.
- Maintain involvement in Open Days.
- Managing conference programme to include evaluation of conferences
- Ensuring the room booking system is kept up to date and that all the information is accurate.
- Provide office administrative duties, including the day-to-day issues that arise within the Student Residences – i.e. selling of ESB charge cards; logging problems and ensuring they are followed up.
- Drafting and distributing of contracts for residences seminars.
- Provide efficient check-in and check-out to accommodation and track all deposits, refunds and payments.
- Work to ensure 100% occupancy in residents.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by the Commercial Manager.
Key Skills Required:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focused orientation.
- Marketing / Events background / Hotel background.
- Strong organisational skills and initiative, ability to manage deadlines and work accurately under pressure.
- Relevant Third level qualification would be an advantage.
- Willingness, a ‘can do’ attitude and ability to work flexible hours.
Salary: €22,500 - €33,500 (Support Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days
Contract: Permanent (Full Time)
Application Process: please e-mail your Cover Letter and CV, quoting reference number NCI0683, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 27th July 2016. This position is open to internal candidates only.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Conference & Accommodation Administrator are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer