Digital Marketing Internship
PR and Digital Marketing Manager
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the internship is to give a dynamic individual the opportunity to gain digital marketing experience in a role with domestic and international responsibilities. The role will include an internship in the college’s Marketing and Student Recruitment Department and a place on a Masters in Marketing programme (subject to academic and other criteria). This is a two year paid internship.
The role will work under the direction of the College’s PR and Digital Marketing Manager to execute all digital marketing activities aimed at recruiting domestic and international students to NCI courses. The main focus of the position will be digital but support will also be provided for the college’s events, PR and other marketing communication activities.
- PR and Digital Marketing Manager
- Director of Marketing
- Director of International Department
- Marketing and International Teams
- Developing content and placing that content across all social media platforms where the college has a presence including platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and others.
- Make recommended SEO updates and improvements to the NCI website
- Writing content for blogs, articles and other online media.
- Creating video and other content to enhance user engagement with the college online.
- Working with the college community to gather content on all the different activities that are happening in the college and generating interest for these events online.
- Coordinate with the International Department to develop online campaigns in international markets such as India, China and Middle East.
- Assist in the process by which content managers are supervised to provide timely and accurate content for the NCI website.
- Prepare analytics and other reports to monitor progress of social media campaigns.
- Assist with NCI events, PR activities and other tasks as required.
- Passionate about social media and digital marketing.
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise workload.
- An exceptional writer and communicator.
- Excellent attention to detail and proof reading skills.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
- Ability to work with different groups across the college and manage their internal and external messages to ensure consistency.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficient in MS Office and computer packages
- Knowledge of video and photography would be beneficial
The role is a two year fixed term internship. The salary is fixed at €10 per hour. The role will be 3 full days per week and runs for two full calendar years.
The role includes an educational scholarship on the part-time MSc in Marketing programme at NCI. The successful intern will receive a bursary of €7,900 to cover their full fees on this programme. Note that places on the course are subject to availability and subject to the applicant meeting the academic requirements for the programme. The successful intern will complete the MSc course on a part-time (evening) basis over 2 years. Should the intern leave the position before the completion of the MSc Programme they will assume responsibility for any fees outstanding to complete the MSc Programme.
Salary: €10 per hour
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum pro rata
Contract: Fixed Term Contact for 2 years
Hours: 21 hours per week, (exact schedule of working week will be agreed)
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0654 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 11th September 2015.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the role are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.