Founded in 1951, the National College of Ireland (NCI) is a not-for-profit third level educational institution with charitable status. The Mission of the College is to change lives through education. Located in Dublin’s International Financial Services Centre, the College offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the disciplines of business, computing, psychology and education. The College has a long-established reputation as a leading provider of courses in Human Resources and offers a wide range of CIPD accredited programmes. The College actively participates in Government funded initiatives such as Springboard and ICT Skills and is supportive of the Government’s drive to increase participation in apprenticeships.
The current Director of Human Resources is vacating the position later this year and the search is underway to find a candidate who is looking for a challenging and rewarding role.
Position: Director of Human Resources
Reporting to: The President
Job Code: NCI0804
Purpose of Position:
This is an Executive level appointment. The Director of HR has full responsibility for all aspects of HR both strategically and operationally. The HR Director is a member of the Executive Team of the College and reports directly to the President.
• The President
• Members of the Executive Team and Group
• The HR Team
• Development and implementation of the College’s new Strategic HR plan which will align with the College’s Strategic Plan, Academic Strategy and Financial Plans.
• Provide change management support on College initiatives and leadership on HR initiatives.
• Develop and update HR policies; lead their implementation and provide advice and guidance on their application.
• Lead on industrial relations issues and conduct negotiations with SIPTU.
• Represent the College on all issues related to Human Resources;
• Support, manage and develop the HR Team.
• Ensure HR systems and processes are effective, up to date and comply with any legislative requirements that apply to them.
• Manage employee data, report on it and ensure compliance with GDPR.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in:
• HR leadership and management
• Driving strategic change
• Planning for and leading the implementation of initiatives that achieve cultural change
• Designing and leading the implementation best practice HR policies
• Proactively identifying HR issues and creating solutions to support the business needs
• Delivering a proactive and professional HR advisory service
• Managing investigations involving employee misconduct and working with managers and employees to address performance issues
• Creating an effective industrial relations environment
• Securing accreditation from awarding bodies e.g. Athena SWAN
• Depth of knowledge on all aspects of HR
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Developing and maintaining robust HR systems
• Providing relevant and timely HR MIS on KPI’s
• Demonstrating resilience and ability to influence
• Commercial and financial/business acumen
• a Master level qualification, preferably in a HR related area and Chartered Fellowship of the CIPD is desirable
Salary: Executive Level 3 Salary Band €90,450 - €120,600
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week
Annual Leave: 27 days per annum
Pension: Defined Contribution Scheme
The functions and responsibilities assigned to this role are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the College.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Cronin Partners International Search has been retained by the College to undertake the search for this position. Applications should be sent by email to Catherine O’Sullivan, Cronin Partners International Search at: email@example.com
Application deadline is Friday 15th February 2019
Please include in your application:
• A full Curriculum Vitae
• A brief covering letter
• Personal contact details