Director of Student Services
Acting Examinations Officer
Purpose of Position:
Provide administrative support to the Examination and Assessment procedures within the College.
- Director of Student Services.
- Acting Examinations Officer.
- Student Services Team.
- Deans of Schools.
- Subject Group Heads & Programme Directors.
- Faculty & Associate Faculty.
- Academic Support Staff.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Examinations Officer in all aspects of the exams / assessments processes.
- Assist the Examinations Officer in the planning, co-ordination, scheduling and holding of examinations and assessments for the College.
- Ensure that examination papers, scripts and administrative detail are produced and sent to all off-site locations in a timely manner.
- Maintenance and provision of reports related to the examination process.
- Assist in the maintenance of the examinations section on the staff and student portal with information on examination policies & procedures, presentation of results and examination timetables.
- Update the Student Information System with QQI course and module codes.
- Assist in the external examiner process.
- Assist in the manual production of broadsheets for off calendar Springboard students
- Assist the Examinations Officer in the tracking of non-compliance
- Assist in the return of examinations related data to the accreditation body – QQI.
- Assist in all QQI submissions.
- Ensuring contact between the Schools and faculty and associate faculty in line with all examination processes.
- Assist in the transition of students through programmatic review and special exam sittings.
- Assisting in Student Information System testing
- Assist in all aspects of Student Services as required.
Additional Responsibilities as part of the Student Services Team under the direction of the Director of Student Services
- Assist in orientation and registration processes for all students
- Assist in the co-ordination of all College graduations and events where appropriate
- Reception Cover.
- Late cover of the Student Services department.
- Such other activities as may be required to support the Student Services Department.
- Degree or equivalent qualification would be desirable.
- Knowledge of the Irish education system at third level would be an advantage.
- High proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, PowerPoint, and excel.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Good Interpersonal Skills.
- At least two years administration experience that demonstrates a planned, systematic approach to organisation of work.
- Attention to detail, deadline orientated and quality conscious.
- Database experience an advantage.
- Flexible approach to work.
- High degree of computer literacy, with an ability to evaluate and appreciate the role of technology in improving efficiency and the delivery of service.
- A self-driven approach with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality and sustainability.
- Having the ability to analyse complex problems and recommend creative long-term solutions in a fast paced environment.
- Be a key contributor and lead as necessary key initiatives and college projects to the examinations function.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Can do attitude.
Salary: €30,150 - €42,210 (Administrator Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
Contract: Specific Purpose Contract
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0717 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 28th April 2017.
National College of Ireland’s mission is to widen participation in higher education and unlock each student's potential. The College offers students the opportunity to acquire the skills and self-confidence to change their lives, contribute to a knowledge based economy and become responsible, active citizens.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Executive Assistant – Exams & Assessment, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer