Executive Assistant – Government Funded Iniatives
Professional Education and Training Manager
Purpose of Position:
The key function of this position is to administrate the Government funded initiatives to include Springboard+, ICT skills and other HEA funded programmes effectively. To ensure the efficient setup of the programmes on HEA or other external systems through to management of recruitment process and registration of students in order to fulfil the target numbers. The other main area of responsibility is the coordination of the tendering process to include the monitoring of outcomes, liaising with Government bodies and work with Schools.
- Professional Education and Training Manager
- Head of Professional Education & Training
- HEA/State funded Co-ordinators
- Applicants & Students
- Associate Faculty
- Programme Directors
- Programme Co-ordinators
- Assist the Professional Education and Training Manager in the daily administration of Springboard and ICT Skills programmes and other Government funded initiatives.
- Liaising with faculty regarding the recruitment and selection of students for these programmes.
- See application process for all applicants through to completion.
- Following up with applicants to obtain all necessary documentation.
- Dealing with any queries relating to the Springboard or other HEA funded Initiatives.
- Maintaining reports for Schools and Marketing director on admission figures and updating regularly.
- Setting up waiting lists and communication with same.
- Setting up interviews and recording evidence of students entering under the RPEL scheme.
- Follow up with local employment offices in connection with collation of correct forms and information on applicants.
- Maintain a high level of communication with key customers/clients.
- Assist in the promotion of courses to target groups such as open days, corporate companies and other events as appropriate.
- Close monitoring of registration numbers to realise maximise revenue from tenders.
- Identify shortfall in figures or opportunities for re-allocation of funding
- Monitoring attendance of the students.
- Distribution and processing of survey, specifically designed to capture statistical information for the final report for the department.
- Collation of data and statistical returns for the final report for the department.
- Process course applications where appropriate to expedite screening, interviewing and selection of candidates for admission.
- Dealing appropriately with incoming calls.
- Liaising with the Professional Education and Training Manager on providing administrative support to these programmes.
- Provide high-quality administrative and secretarial support to the Manager.
- Ensure that all duties within the office are performed in a professional, efficient manner.
- A degree or equivalent would be preferable.
- Experience in a similar role administrating large scale Labour Market Activation projects such as LMETF and Springboard would be an advantage
- At least two years’ experience within an administrative role
- Experience within an Irish third level education environment would be an advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Pro-active time management
- Proficient in MS office with good writing skills (draft letters, minutes, presentations etc.)
- Flexible approach to work and a “can-do” attitude
Salary: €30,000 - €42,000 (Administrator Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum pro rata
Contract: 5 months fixed-term
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0677 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 17th June 2016.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Executive Assistant – Springboard are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer