Director of Human Resources
Purpose of Position:
To have overall responsibility for recruitment processes, provide HR administrative support within the HR Department and deliver HR services to the wider College
- Director of Human Resources
- Applicants for College Vacancies
- Overall responsibility for all stages of the recruitment process - sourcing applicants, short-listing, scheduling interviews, participating on interview panels, making job offers, undertaking reference checks and issuing contracts.
- Undertake Garda Vetting for specific roles within the College.
- Provide professional HR advice to Managers and Supervisors.
- Respond promptly to HR queries from Staff
- Provision of information on policies, procedures, benefits and ensuring that associated information and documentation is up to date
- Maintain HR data accurately and update CoreHR system in accordance with deadlines. Ensure records are accessible and backed up
- Produce HR MIS e.g. headcount, absence, turnover.
- Ensure that returns to the HR Department are completed on time
- Identify ways in which HR processes, systems and procedures can be revised to operate more efficiently and effectively
- Provide HR administrative support within the HR Department.
- Responsible for HR files, storage and retrieval of data
- Experience in all stages of the recruitment process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with management and employees
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong customer orientation with a drive to provide high levels of customer service
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Expertise in word processing, power-point presentations, excel spreadsheets, data processing
- Experience in operating a HR database management system and producing HR MIS and reports
- Good judgement derived from ability to analyse a situation and apply HR knowledge and experience to produce effective outcomes
- Ability to work as part of a team
- An understanding of when to escalate an issue to a higher level
- Tact when handling sensitive issues
- Continuous professional development and learning
- Previous experience that encompasses both recruitment and HR generalist service
- A Masters qualification in HR or a related field or an equivalent CIPD qualification
- Knowledge and proficiency in Employment Law
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills, time management and PC skills.
- Self- starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience with CoreHR would be beneficial
Position: Specific Purpose Contract to cover Maternity Leave (expected duration six months)
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
Salary: €35,979 - €49,052 per annum and pro-rata to the duration of the contract
Holidays: Pro-rata to 21 days per annum
Applications for this vacancy need to be submitted before Friday the 30th January 2015. Applicants are requested to email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Human Resources Consultant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of NCI
Equal Opportunities Policy:
The National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.