Position: Assistant International Officer
Reporting to: International Officer
Job Code: NCI 0737
Purpose of Job
The Assistant International Officer will play a central role in supporting the day-to-day administrative functions of the international office working closely with the International Officer and the wider international office team.
The purpose of the role is to provide high quality secretarial, clerical and administrative support in the recruitment and support of International students.
- Director - International Development
- International Officer
- The International Team
- Admissions Officers
- NCI Schools departmental academic, administrative staff and faculty
- NCI Students Union
- Learning & Teaching
- Student Services
- Other departments within the college (e.g. Finance, etc)
- International Students
- Prospective Students and their influencers
- Student recruitment agents and representatives
- Education in Ireland
- Other Irish Higher Education Institutions
Under the guidance and direction of the International Officer, duties will be:
- Supporting the services provided to International Students at all stages of the student journey from pre-arrival, arrival, airport pick-ups, orientation through to graduation.
- Providing administrative support, including problem-solving, preparation of printed materials for students meeting arrangements and organisation of activities for international students
- Updating student records on the college’s systems and liaising with all appropriate parties regarding prospective incoming students, including the Admissions, Student Services, Student Support, Accommodation and Peer Mentors
- Supporting the preparation of purchase orders, processing of invoices and other financial related administrative tasks
- Making arrangements for incoming delegations visiting the college, including liaison with Regional Managers and the other college departments about visit requirements, arranging appropriate visit programmes, setting up meetings with University staff, accommodation, transport, catering arrangements, greeting visitors on arrival and conducting campus tours
- Supporting the delivery of webinars, open days and other events on campus or online, providing cover for other team members as necessary.
- The on-going support of the International Office’s social media activity and website.
- Providing administration support to the Director – International Development
- Other tasks and projects as determined by the line manager or Director of the International Office
Key Attributes – Mandatory:
- A good standard of general education to Leaving Certificate level
- Cultural sensitivity: awareness of the international perspective of the work of the Office in terms of the diversity of our student body and our relationships with overseas organisations
- Good written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate with students for whom English is not their first language
- Articulate, confident and competent in the use of IT systems and electronic communications
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, whether dealing with students, academic staff, external organisations, or other members of our office team
- Good customer care skills together with excellent interpersonal, organisation and team working skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively, progress tasks concurrently and work to deadlines
- Strong administrative, word-processing and IT skills, especially Word, Excel, and use of the Internet
- Some previous office experience, ideally in a customer service-based environment or in an academic environment
- Basic financial administration skills, including accuracy and attention to detail
- Discretion and diplomacy
- Previous experience in social media is a distinct advantage, but not essential
- Flexibility around working hours if required or the role will involve work outside the normal office hours during certain times of the year.
- A commitment to the development of a quality, culturally diverse environment.
Salary Support Salary Band €22,613 - €33,668
Annual Leave 24 days per annum
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0737 and title of position to: email@example.com by Friday 8th September 2017.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Assistant International Officer are based on the current stated role and objectives of the college. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer