Position: International Support
Reporting to: International Officer
Purpose of Job
International Support will play a central role in supporting the day-to-day administrative functions of the international office working closely with the International Officer and the wider international office team.
The purpose of the role is to provide high quality secretarial, clerical and administrative support in the recruitment and support of International students.
• Director - International Development
• International Officer
• Deputy International Officer
• The International Team
• NCI Schools departmental academic, administrative staff and faculty
• NCI Students Union
• Student Services
• Other departments within the college (e.g. Finance, etc)
• International Students
Under the guidance and direction of the International Officer, duties will be:
• Contributes to the delivery of an effective and flexible student services, front line support, information giving and reception service as appropriate
• Produces a range of standard documents in an accurate and timely manner
• Uses a variety of systems to accurately collate, input and maintain data on international students
• Organises meetings visits and events, coordinating calendars, paperwork, facilities and associated arrangements so that activities run smoothly
• Processes and issues information, correspondence and documentation in line with
• Interfaces with students, partners and stakeholders, provides information and
advice, signposting and referral, communicates changes and responds to enquiries and requests in an effective and timely manner
Makes task related decisions within designated activities in line with service needs
• Prioritises designated activities to meet the changing needs of the service
• Collaborates with team members to achieve joint projects and objectives
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Competent in the use of IT systems and electronic communications
• Good interpersonal and team working skills, whether dealing with students, academic staff, external organisations, or other members of our office team
• Good written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate with students for whom English is not their first language
• Good customer care skills together with excellent interpersonal, organisation and team working skills
• Cultural sensitivity: awareness of the international perspective of the work of the Office in terms of the diversity of our student body and our relationships with overseas organisations
• Good administrative, word-processing and IT skills, especially Word, Excel, and use of the Internet
• Some previous office experience, ideally in a customer service-based environment or in an academic environment
• Discretion and diplomacy
• Previous experience in social media is a distinct advantage, but not essential
• Flexibility around working hours if required or the role will involve work outside the normal office hours during certain times of the year.
• A commitment to the development of a quality, culturally diverse environment.
Salary Support band (€22,840 - €34,005) This is a permanent contract
Annual Leave 24 days.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0800 and job title to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 18th January 2019.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to this role are based on the current stated role and objectives of the college. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.