Job Title: Public Relations & Events Executive
Reporting to: Director of Marketing
Job Code: NCI 0723
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the role is to build and maintain a positive reputation for the college and its programmes through all forms of media and communication. This role is responsible for the planning and delivery of NCI promotional events and public relations campaigns. Communication with the NCI alumni community will be a key part of the role.
The role holder will create written content in line with the college’s annual content calendar and be responsible for the wider distribution of NCI’s content to online media outlets.
The position involves developing and implementing media partnerships that will promote the college and strengthen the college’s relationship with relevant journalists. You will also work with subject experts within the college and assist them in creating content and working with the media.
• Director of Marketing
• President’s Office
• Dean of School of Business
• Dean of School of Computing
• Programme Directors & Faculty
• Marketing Team
• All PR and media relations, handling press queries, preparing and issuing press releases, execution and measurement of PR campaigns.
• Introducing, managing and nurturing key media and other relationships (e.g. education editors, feature editors etc).
• Preparing regular updates to allow the college to assess the progress of PR activities.
• Inform and assist with the handling of any negative PR situations.
• Contribute to the execution of the college’s annual digital content calendar under the direction of the Marketing Campaign Manager with support from the Digital Marketing Executive. This includes creating content for the NCI website, blog, e-books, whitepapers, articles, infographics and more.
• Creating a suite of communications material and publications including the NCI annual report, regular marketing updates and more, in line with NCI brand guidelines.
• Organise a calendar of key NCI marketing events. These could be industry seminars, conferences, programme information evenings and other events to introduce potential new students to NCI courses.
• Co-ordinate all aspects of the events programme from branding to invitations and other promotional material, liaising with external and internal stakeholders, managing on-the-day logistics and securing post-event feedback.
• Managing photography and controlling photography issued by the college.
• Develop and implement a regular communication campaign with college alumni to engage them in the ongoing development of NCI.
• Ensure current students are brought into the NCI alumni community to stay connected to each other and the college, encourage and promote the community’s professional development.
• Work with the Digital Marketing Executive to leverage social media tools to promote NCI’s communications and events.
• Liaison with college partners and external bodies to ensure the college is represented well in any joint communication initiatives.
• Assist with sales activities and external education fairs as required. This can involve occasional evening or weekend work.
• 3 or more years PR and event management experience is required.
• An exceptional writer who thrives on securing positive coverage.
• A skilled communicator and relationship builder.
• Excellent attention to detail and proof reading skills.
• An ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
• Ability to work with different groups across the college and manage their internal and external messages to ensure consistency.
• Event management skills and experience.
• Working knowledge of photography, print and publishing.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Proficient in MS Office and computer packages.
• A relevant third level qualification is desirable.
Contact: Permanent Contract
Salary: €30,150 - €42,210 (Administrator)
Annual Leave: 24 days
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Public Relations & Events Executive are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 22nd May 2017. The National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.