School Liaison Officer
Director of Marketing
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for coordinating the schools recruitment policy of the college including all promotional activity to prospective students from second level schools, post leaving certificate and institutes of Further Education. The role will also be responsible for internal marketing of progression routes to NCI students.
- Director of Marketing.
- Admissions Officer.
- Deans of Schools.
- Career Guidance Counsellors / School Principals.
- Career Guidance Representative Bodies.
- The planning, arrangement and delivery of presentations about the college to Schools, PLC’s and other institutes. This will include visits out to schools and NCI campus visits by schools.
- A key responsibility will be to develop and maintain close relationships with Career Guidance Counsellors within the target schools for NCI.
- Marketing and promotion of NCI undergraduate programmes to key market segments at exhibitions and fairs throughout Ireland.
- Carrying out marketing tasks to promote NCI to full-time students including but not limited to events, competitions, web based initiatives and publications.
- Monitoring and feeding back on developments in the market place and competitor activities.
- Maintain a database of contacts for guidance counsellors and schools.
- Implement a range of promotional activities to increase the number of current full and part-time NCI students progressing to an additional NCI programme.
- Additional marketing and administration tasks as delegated by the Director of Marketing.
- Excellent verbal presentation skills.
- Articulate, objective with good relationship building skills.
- Highly organised with an ability to project manage.
- Initiative & ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to interact skilfully and confidently with colleagues and a wide range of third parties, to develop ideas, identify opportunities and influence outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong desire to achieve and succeed.
- A full clean driving licence.
Salary: Circa €24,000 - €30,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum
Contract: 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0653 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 4th September 2015.
National College of Ireland’s mission is to widen participation in higher education and unlock each student's potential. The College offers students the opportunity to acquire the skills and self-confidence to change their lives, contribute to a knowledge based economy and become responsible, active citizens.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to School Liaison Officer are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.