Student IT Support Assistant x 3
These part-time positions are available to suitably qualified candidates to work as Student IT Support Assistants who will be a first point of contact for NCI students seeking technical assistance. It is essential that the suitable candidate have a basic understanding of computers together with excellent customer service skills. The IT Support Assistant duties will include support of campus wide audio visual equipment ensuring it is fully operational. The successful candidates will be required to record all request for assistance and escalate issues to IT Helpdesk team. Full training will be provided.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all NCI students and commercial clients seeking technical assistance.
- Record all requests for assistance on NCI360 – College call logging system.
- Undertake basic troubleshooting steps to understand the issue being reported.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the helpdesk team.
- Communicate information to students on the IT Services available in the College so that it is clear and easily understood
- Ensure all computer lab equipment is functioning correctly by undertaking daily and weekly preventative maintenance tasks.
- Ensure all software approved for use by NCI on student domain are available and operational.
- Ensure that all “Audio Visual” equipment is available and operational and provide support in the use of this equipment.
- Work closely with the student body and IT Department.
- Any other duties assigned by IT Support or Line Manager.
- Knowledge of computer systems, mobile devices and audio visual equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of Windows (Windows 8/8.1 Windows 10), Apple MAC, iOS, Android and Linux is desirable.
- Experience in a customer facing support role would be an advantage.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic technical issues.
- Good interpersonal and excellent communication skills as work will involve face-to-face support
- Capability of working in an organized but independent manner
- Fluent in English
Salary: €10 per hour.
Contract: Fixed Term Contract (expected duration of up to 1 year).
Hours: The normal working week is a five-day week and will involve evening and weekend work. Hours of work will be advised on a weekly basis.
To apply for these positions; candidates are required to submit a Curriculum Vitae and a Cover letter by email to email@example.com by 5pm, Friday July 8th 2016.
In order to assist the selection process, candidates must ensure their cover letter (1x A4 page) specifically addresses the following points when making their application.
1. Candidates must have a level of IT knowledge in the troubleshooting and support of Windows, Apple Mac, iOS, Android. Applicants should clearly address their level of expertise and how they obtained their knowledge in the area.
2. An understanding of an IT support environment and delivery of good quality customer service is desirable. The applicant should give examples of involvement in any area of IT support or customer service to date and what the applicant learned from this activity.
3. Illustrate, through past example, their ability to effectively communicate and to convey and present potentially complex information so that it is clear and easily understood.
Please note: Candidates who do not address the application requirements above in their cover letter will not be considered at the short list stage.