The School of Business requires Teaching Assistants for day time programmes in the following areas:
Purpose of position:
The lecturer assigned to the module retains overall responsibility for modules/programmes and will provide direction to the Teaching Assistant in terms of the broad areas to be covered and the learning outcomes which must be achieved alongside the assessment methods to be used.
Teaching Assistants are expected to contribute to the development of the modules and its content and make contributions towards the assessment design, delivery and marking.
· Deliver tutorial sessions under the guidance of the lecturer
· Answer and assist students with any questions or queries they have during tutorials/ lectures regarding the subject matter.
· Assist the lecturer during class at undergraduate and postgraduate level as required.
· Provide tutoring
· Invigilating tests or exams
· Marking of assessments
· Provide postgraduate support
· Minimum of a Masters level qualification or appropriate professional qualification in Business or a relevant field.
· Recent PhD graduate looking to gain teaching experience or a PhD candidate.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to be able to explain problems and assist students with their learning.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
· Ability to work with lecturer(s) to agree module content, delivery and assessment methods.
Hourly rate: €20.00 per hour.
Contract: Fixed-term, part-time
Hours: Part-time, 3 to 10 hours a week, daytime, evenings and weekends.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0713 and title of position to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday, 28th April 2017.
Design by Dara Creative* | Development by Inventise