Position: Vice-Dean, Undergraduate Studies – School of Business
Job Code: NCI0703
Reporting to: Dean of School of Business
Purpose of Position:
This is a senior academic appointment with managerial and leadership responsibilities at Senior Lecturer level. The Vice-Dean, Undergraduate Studies will be responsible for the leadership and management of all full-time and part-time undergraduate programmes within the School of Business.
• Dean of School
• Vice President Academic & Research;
• Vice Dean for Postgraduate Studies & Research
• Director QASS
• Registrar Director of Learning & Teaching
• Director of International Development
• Head of Professional Education & Training
• Faculty attached to Undergraduate Programmes
• School Administration Office
Academic Oversight and Planning:
• Undertake management responsibilities (as agreed with the Dean of School) for permanent and associate faculty engaged in teaching the School’s undergraduate programmes
• The timetabling and allocation of teaching responsibilities for the School’s undergraduate programmes in conjunction with the Dean and Vice-Dean of Postgraduate Studies
• Fulfil the role of Subject leadership through the provision of general academic oversight across all Level 6, 7 and 8 programmes and modules. This involves leading and advancing learning & teaching in undergraduate subject areas of the School
• Responsible for ensuring implementation of and day-to-day oversight of NCI’s QA policy and procedures for the School’s undergraduate programmes
• Oversight of the college’s apprenticeship programmes to ensure that…..
• Will manage staff and conduct staff appraisals in line with college policy
• Will work with the relevant professional bodies to…..
• Will lead and manage relevant programme development
• Lead, manage and oversee the day-to-day operations for undergraduate programmes within the School
• Ensure that the views of undergraduate students within the School are appropriately acted upon
• Work collaboratively with other internal Schools and Departments
• Play a leading role in the development and management of international collaborations and partnerships
• Will take a leadership role on programme accreditations
• Attend and contribute to Academic Council
• Attend and contribute to Academic Operations
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following capabilities:
• A PhD qualification is essential
• Evidence of subject expertise in a business discipline
• Evidence of research output and a personal research strategy
• Evidence of success in innovation in learning, teaching and the curriculum
• Evidence of leadership and management in an academic environment
• Clear understanding of the demands on a modern School of Business (i.e. quality of provision, attractive and relevant portfolio, income generation, accreditations and research)
• Ability to contribute to the development of strategy
• Evidence of resource management
• Commercial acumen
• A willingness to travel
Academic Appointment: Senior Lecturer
Salary Band: Senior Academic & Managerial €68,340 - €96,480
Annual Leave: 34 days per annum
Pension: Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
National College of Ireland’s mission is to change lives through education.
Its vision is to provide an inspiring educational experience that is innovative, responsive and enterprise focused.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Vice-Dean, Undergraduate Studies – School of Business are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer