Reporting to: Director of Human Resources
Job code: NCI 0588
Purpose of Position
To have overall responsibility for recruitment processes, provide HR administrative support within the HR Department and deliver HR services to the wider college.
- Director of Human Resources
- Applicants for college vacancies
- Overall responsibility for all stages of the recruitment process - sourcing applicants, short-listing, scheduling interviews, participating on interview panels, making job offers, undertaking reference checks and issuing contracts.
- Undertake Garda Vetting for specific roles within the college.
- Provide professional HR advice to managers and supervisors.
- Respond promptly to HR queries from staff.
- Provision of information on policies, procedures, benefits and ensuring that associated information and documentation is up to date.
- Maintain HR data accurately and update CoreHR system in accordance with deadlines. Ensure records are accessible and backed up.
- Produce HR MIS e.g. headcount, absence, turnover.
- Ensure that returns to the HR Department are completed on time.
- Identify ways in which HR processes, systems and procedures can be revised to operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Provide HR administrative support within the HR Department.
- Responsible for HR files, storage and retrieval of data.
- Experience in all stages of the recruitment process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with management and employees.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Strong customer orientation with a drive to provide high levels of customer service.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Expertise in word processing, power-point presentations, excel spreadsheets, data processing.
- Experience in operating a HR database management system and producing HR MIS and reports.
- Good judgement derived from ability to analyse a situation and apply HR knowledge and experience to produce effective outcomes.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- An understanding of when to escalate an issue to a higher level.
- Tact when handling sensitive issues.
- Continuous professional development and learning.
- Previous experience that encompasses both recruitment and HR generalist service.
- A masters qualification in HR or a related field or an equivalent CIPD qualification.
- Knowledge and proficiency in employment law.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, time management and PC skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Salary: €40,000 - €50,000
Annual Leave: 21 days
Contract Type: Permanent
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Apply: Applicants are asked to send their CV and a cover letter for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm Friday 22nd August 2014.