Ireland has competed successfully in the funds sector and has developed a global reputation for the domiciling and administration of investment funds. Employment in fund administration and servicing stands at circa 8,800, while total employment across the funds sector stands at about 10,560. The types of work carried out by these employees include fund accounting and administration (44%), transfer agency (18%), custody and trustee functions (8%), client relationship management (4%), and others (28%).
More than 87% of people working in the sector are third-level graduates; the average length of service is 2-5 years, and more than 50% have management or supervisory responsibilities.
The level of employment in this sector is directly linked to the number of funds that are administered in Ireland and the value of the assets in those funds.
If you are interested in a career in Funds Administration, the links below provide useful information.
Career in the Funds Industry – Irish Funds Industry Association
Hobsons – Occupational Profile – Fund Manager
gradireland sector guide – Finance
- Typical roles in the funds industry
- Career Development in the funds industry
- The IFSC- The international financial services sector in Ireland (September 2010 Report)
Individual Career Profiles
- Magna Abrunhosa - Fund Accounting Manager at Fidelity
- Sharon McBrearty - Hedge Fund Assistant Manager Bank of New York Mellon in Dublin
- Ella Gorska - Bank of New York Mellon as a Corporate Trust Fund Administrator
- Eileen Cullen - Client Services Fund Assistant Manager in BNY Mellon Dublin
- Therese Gallagher works as a Pricing Fund Administrator in The Bank of New York Mellon in Dublin
- Michael Devane Corporate Trust Fund Manager in the Bank of New York Mellon office in Dublin.
- Aoife Barry - Bank of New York Mellon in Cork, as a Mutual Fund Assistant Manager.
- Richelle Fallon - Bank of New York Mellon Mutual Fund Supervisor
- Niamh Delaney , Supervisor Fund Department at Brown Brothers Harriman
- Practice tests simiar to those used by professional finance companies during interviews and training. eFinancial Careers
Fund Administration Companies include:
- Apex Fund Services
- BDO Simpson Xavier Fund Administration
- BNP Paribas
- BNY Mellon
- Brown Brothers Harriman Trustee Services
- Capita Financial Administrators
- Citco Fund Services
- Daiwa Securities Trust Europe
- GAM Fund Management
- GlobeOp Financial Services
- HSBC Security Services
- International Fund Services
- Invesco Global Asset Management
- JP Morgan
- Man Corporate Services
- Metzler Ireland
- Morgan Stanley Fund Services
- Northern Trust
- Phoenix Fund Services
- Prime Fund Solutions
- RBC Dexia Investor Services
- SEI Investments Global Fund Services
- SIX Telekurs
- State Street International
- Trinity Fund Administration
- UBS Fund Services