Position: Careers Assistant – Student and Employer Liaison, Information, PR and Events.
Reporting to: Careers Officer
NCI Job Code: NCI 0786
This varied and fast paced role provides administrative support to a busy and pro-active Career Development and Employability Team within the National College of Ireland and will suit an innovative candidate with high energy, great communication skills and impressive attention to detail.
• Dealing with career information enquiries face to face, via telephone, email and CRM
• Pro-actively calling and following up with students in relation to their work placement and job search activity and to ensure attendance at events.
• Setting up work placements on CRM and producing an annual report on same – suitable for both internal and external view.
• Issuing and following up with tri party agreements ensuring 100% compliance.
• Monitoring students on placement to ensure all administrative requirements are met – monthly and end of year reports.
• Liaising with the school in relation to students on placement and following through on site visit reports, areas of concern, annual destination results etc.
• Reporting any areas of concern within placement immediately to the Work Placement Supervisor and Careers Officer and following through on same.
• Developing and maintaining and up to date contact list for all students and ensuring they are contacted regularly and tracked. Updating the system with new phone numbers and email addresses to ensure accuracy.
• Logging all contact on the CRM system.
• Keeping in contact with students via email and phone to monitor their progress, aims etc – updating CRM continually with new information and progress
• Taking professional headshots for students
• Reviewing and providing feedback for students on their CVs and LinkedIn profiles– online and via CV clinics.
• Contacting alumni and work placement students to gain high quality profiles and testimonials.
• Monitoring the careers information material in the atrium ensuring it is fully stocked and up to date
• Maintaining, updating and contacting the company contact database. Proactively compiling lists of relevant companies to contact in relation to relevant caseloads of students
• Liaising with and responding to employer queries, following up on jobs received and maintaining contact with employers
• Uploading adverts onto CRM and promoting them via CRM, phone calls, social media, notice boards, vacancy newsletter etc
• Where appropriate screening and sending CVs to employers, arranging interviews and managing the process until the role has been filled.
• Assisting with updating and creating comprehensive high quality handouts and information packs for students.
Events & PR:
• Thinking creatively to promote events (pre, post and during the event) on social media platforms and via email, phone calls, posters etc
• Dealing with all administration for events – uploading the event onto the CRM system, promoting it, maintaining attendance lists, sending joining instructions etc
• Meeting and greeting visitors, booking rooms, managing catering and disseminating insights from presentations.
• Thinking creatively to assist the team create a positive, vibrant and proactive presence on social media- assist in the creation of regular campaigns
Reports, Handouts, Publications and Administration
• Producing weekly and monthly reports detailing personal performance against KPIs.
• Providing administrative support for a busy team and taking minutes at various committee meetings for Student Services and the Registrar.
• Chasing and collecting data for the annual First Destination Survey and Work Placement Students ensuring a strong response rate. Producing the report in an attractive format for both internal and external view.
• Monitoring closing date deadlines and advertising these to students – producing a high quality closing date document for dissemination to students.
• Producing the weekly vacancy newsletter, analysing trends and acting on these to continuously improve the offering.
• Maintaining the notice boards and ensuring they are up to date.
• Assisting with the design, implementation and analysis of surveys conducted by the team e.g. end of placement surveys.
• Reviewing, editing and where appropriate writing content and generating new materials including web/media content
• Updating the Careers website and moodle on an ongoing basis.
• Assisting with the research and production of the Careers Service annual review.
• Producing POs and liaising with finance
• Assisting Student Services when required including graduation
• Working within the student services team you will also answer queries at the information desk. This role is involved in the student services late rota and providing reception cover when required.
• As part of the wider student services team assisting with various team events including graduation, orientation, exams, clubs & societies events etc.
• Solution focused with a positive, pro-active and results oriented approach to work.
• Commitment to providing an outstanding level of service to students, alumni, employers and staff at NCI.
• Flexible, self-motivated “can-do” approach to work with a commitment to producing high quality outputs.
• Ability to multi task and prioritise effectively within a busy environment.
• Ability to produce reports.
• Ability to identify and develop opportunities to improve the service and offering
• An effective team player and ability to build positive collaborative relations with students, faculty, employers and alumni
• Genuine interest in social media, marketing and promotion together with the ability to work on administrative tasks with efficiency, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic
• Client focus
• Results and target orientated
• Problem Solving
Salary: Support Salary Band (€22,840-€34,005)
Annual Leave: 24 Days
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours a week with flexibility needed to work additional hours
Applications on the NCI website are confined to NCI employees only
and need to be submitted before 5pm Tuesday 11th September 2018. NCI employees are requested to email their cover letter and CV quoting reference number: NCI 0786 to email@example.com
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the PA to the President are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.