Early Learning Initiative – Administrator
: Assistant Director of Early Learning Initiative
Purpose of Position:
Administration of the Early Learning Initiative, EU and Area Based Childhood (ABC) Programmes
• Assistant Director of the Early Learning Initiative.
• Early Learning Initiative team.
• National College of Ireland
• Members of ABC consortium
• Stakeholders in the local community, including parents, children and practitioners
• Provide administrative support to the ABC Consortium and working groups, ELI Director and ELI/ABC Programme staff
• Organisation of bookings, materials and catering for the ELI/ABC Consortium; Working Groups and other meetings
• Accounting for income and expenditure within the NCI/Early Learning Initiative framework and the requirements of the EU, Pobal and CES including purchase orders, invoices, and visa statements
• Assist the ELI’s volunteer programme through the processing of Garda Vetting applications through the National Vetting Bureau
• Communicating the work of the ELI/ABC through social media, newsletters, NCI Inbox, etc.
• Supporting the coordination of events and activities for local and national events
• Collation and storage of attendance details, evaluations and assessments following recruitment, training, meetings, workshops using excel and in line with General Data Protection Regulations
• Liaise with key stakeholders, including ABC Consortium, EU Partners, Pobal, CES, other Departments within NCI and other statutory, community and voluntary bodies around the development of the ELI, EU and ABC Programmes
• Provide information as required to the ELI Director and NCI’s Finance Department for EU and ABC returns and budgets
• Any other duties as assigned by the ELI Director and Assistant Director
Skills and Experience required:
• Relevant 3rd level qualification
• Previous administration experience in a community based organisation
• Excellent IT skills: Ms Office.
• An energetic, confident, and pro-active individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good time management skills with the ability to produce results to deadlines.
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, community stakeholders and other outside individuals/organisations
Administrator Band (€30,450 - €42,632)
This is a permanent position subject to ongoing funding
The successful candidate will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Applications on the NCI website are confined to NCI employees only and need to be submitted before 5pm Thursday 14th February 2019. NCI employees are requested to email their cover letter and CV quoting reference no. NCI0803 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the ELI Administrator are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the college NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.